II - 41: Small Things That Matter

Theresia's POV

"Where is my mama now?" Thalia started to ask after I snapped a photo of her. I'll never get tired of taking her pictures, sobrang ganda ng anak namin.

Ng anak namin.

"Halika na, anak. Let's choose your outfit na. We'll go see your titas and ninang Lei pa." Thalia pouted and said "But mommy, I really miss mama na. I want her to help me dress up," while she twirled her hair with her fingers.

"Where's mama now?"

"Uhh.. anak-"

"Where's my little tulip?!" a voice shouted from the door.

"Mama!" Thalia exclaimed as soon as she recognized who it was. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you?" Leonor asked when they hugged each other. "I missed you mama! Mommy wanted us to leave na, but I said I want you to choose my outfit today."

Ang anak naming mahilig magpa-cute sa kanyang mama.

Leonor walked closer to me as they held hands. "Maybe mommy wants to pick your outfits this time, sweetheart?" she said and also kissed me on my forehead. "Hi Mahal. How's work?"

"Exhausting, pero dahil excited akong umuwi sa mag-ina ko, I made it through!" she said, happily.

"Sweetheart, come here," Leonor asked Thalia to sit on her lap and uttered "Maybe, let's give mommy a chance to dress you up? Then, if you do not like it, I'll do it. Okay?"

"Grabe namang 'if you do not like it' yan."

Thalia nodded and went hopping upstairs. "Ang hyper ng anak mo ha," I said to Leonor and she chuckled at it. "Go na, mommy. Hinihintay ka na ni Thalia. Give it your best shot!"

I went up and just prayed that she'd like my style on her.

-----

"Mama!" Thalia shouted, calling Leonor. "What's it, sweetheart?" and she entered inside the room. "Mama, look at what mommy did. Is this fashion?"

"I- it's cute naman, anak. You look like a princess. What's wrong?" Leonor asked. We both shared eye contact and Leonor immediately knew that Thalia didn't like it.

"Mama, I wanted to dress up like you! I mean, I love mommy's style, but I thought we were girlbosses?" she pouted again. My wife carried her and said "Ikaw talaga ha! Love na love mo ang mama Leonor."

"Paano naman ako? Di niyo ba ako love?" I asked. "Syempre, love na love ang mommy lalo. Diba, sweetheart?"

"Yes, mommy. We love you so much. But I just really like mama's style."

We laughed together. "Okay, Ms. Beautiful. I'll let mama dress you up na. I'll be waiting downstairs na lang, okay?"

"Yay! Love you, mommy! Thank you!"

"Alright, anak."

-----

I decided to stay seated on the couch first and scroll through Twitter. Baka may makita akong style inspo para naman magustuhan din ng anak ko yung pananamit ko sa kanya.

From downstairs, I can hear the two giggling. It's really heartwarming to see them bond like this. It just saddened me that it almost didn't happen.

-flashback-

After The Car Crash Accident in Dubai
Leila's POV