II - 40: A Beautiful Miracle Called You

To My Dearest Lovely Wife,

After I wrote a letter for Little Tulip, I also wrote one for you. As I mentioned, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't feel anything near to this sensation. During the time I'm writing this, you cannot stop crying after the gender was revealed. We're having a daughter!

Alam kong excited ka nang makasama siya mag-shopping, mag-spa, at higit sa lahat, excited ka nang mahalin siya. Ako rin. I can't wait to see the most gorgeous women in my life. Imagine, meron nang little Theresia or little Leonor.

Pero Mahal, you've always made me happy. When I had no knowledge of love, you showed me how to do it. It's because of you that my laugh sounds so genuine and my grin appears to be so sincere.

I no longer imagine happy moments when you're not in it because to me, you are happiness itself. I've never been fond of what is true. To think of it, I don't trust anything too. All my life, I've met maybe several people or a few. But there was only one face that my heart drew.

You have your favorite color but mine is your eyes. I have no favorite artwork, except for your smiles.

If I had to pick one thing that I took away from our relationship, it would be that while it takes a strong heart to love, it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after being wounded. We were able to overcome all we've faced by filling in the gaps for one another. That is why we will soon have our little tulip.

Kahit na, inaamin ko, madalas tayong hindi nagkakaintindihan. That's fine. I'll always choose to understand you countless of time. Maaaring mapagod ako, pero dahil ikaw naman ang pahinga ko, hinding hindi ako susuko.

I'm glad I made the decision to marry you and stand by your side in every conflict we encountered. I've learnt that I'll never be alone again thanks to you. If it had been someone else, I would have given up earlier, but because it was you, I am more than prepared to make any sacrifice, even if it meant that it would be the last thing I would do.

Because you're the greatest person I've ever encountered, I made the decision to cherish you right away. Although I know I wasn't the perfect wife and I apologize for all my flaws, I constantly strive to give you what I can't give to others because you deserve the best that life has to offer.

The strong woman you are, I admire. That pure heart of yours, I want to keep.

Given that tomorrows aren't certain, if one day you don't wake up next to me, know that I departed loving you. You are the one I would always remember and cherish till my after life.

You are the first and last one I'd think about.

I look forward to spending more years with you until we grow old and watch our little tulip grow into a beautiful precious flower. One that we'd protect and watch over. I can't wait for that, Mahal. I hope that you look forward to that too.

I love you. This will never change. I promise.

Love,

Leonor ;) <3

"And that's how I fell in love with the woman in pink suits." I said to Thalia, my daughter.

As we lay on the couch and I wait for her to fall asleep this afternoon. My fingertips brushed through her beautiful hair.

"But mommy, why did you two choose to come back despite being hurt? You were in pain already."

"Yes, I was. We both were, anak. But sometimes, to risk will bring us to better things. There are battles worth fighting for, anak. Hindi dahil mukhang talo na, ay talagang isusuko mo na. She was always worth everything, anak."

"I know that you love each other so much. Like Sasa and Tulip Person!"

"Yes, anak. Sasa and Tulip Person should be how we see love. Kailangang matuto tayong magmahal nang walang kapalit at hindi humangad ng perpekto. You know, me and mama, we weren't perfect too, anak. But we always chose to see the good and correct all the wrongs instead."

Thalia hugged me tightly and said "When I grow up, I want to be like you and mama. Both strong and founded in love. Loving is so beautiful, mommy. I'm glad you told me about your love story!"

"Oo naman, anak. We both promised na, as we write that story before, we'll save it to tell you about it. Even while I think fairy tales and story books are lovely, I think experiences make for greater storytelling. Kahit na ang haba ng storya sa sobrang daming nangyari sa amin."

My daughter nodded. "Thank you that you didn't give up on love, mommy. Thank you that you fought hard enough."

"I'd always do the same to you. Mama would've done the same to you too because we love you, anak. We didn't know how our seed of love blossomed into a beautiful flower like you."

"Mommy, do you have superpowers? You made mama's cold heart melt. It made her know what love is and how it should feel like. I want to have that power too. How can I get one?"

"You also have it, Lia anak. When I gave birth to you, you warmed our hearts. It felt like somewhat a miracle. After I thought I almost lost you, a few months later, I gave birth to a beautiful miracle called you."

"I'm thankful for you and mama. You take good care of me so well! You provide for my needs and also I love my tata Pia and tata Pinky."

"What about Ninang Lei?"

"Of course, her too!"

"We love you, anak. Always, our little tulip."

"I didn't know that an accident happened to mama. She must've been so hurt. I should've protected her." Thalia started to frown and it made my heart ache for her. I lifted her chin up and said "Mama always loves you too, anak. She loves us both so much."

"Where is my mama now?"