Chapter 10: More of Others

The Following Day

Leonor's POV

Today feels heavier. The exact opposite of what I felt yesterday morning. I just knew it. Kaya nakakatakot maging masaya because most of our happiness has a great twist of loneliness in the end.

The reason for both ups and downs is that we frequently don't appreciate happiness when we aren't disappointed. Oh well, that's just how life works. Does it?

Or is it just me?

I saw Iza along the hallway and approached her. "Iza!" she looked at me and waved "Ma'am!"

"I just want to thank you for consoling me yesterday. Nakakahiya, but I appreciate that," I told her and she bowed her head to me.

"That's no problem ma'am. Sometimes, yakap lang ang kailangan natin." she said, very happily.

"Wanna come with me for lunch? Dine out tayo as my thank you sayo." I said to which she laughed shyly. "Nako, hindi na po madam. Nakakahiya. Okay na po yun." she said but I insisted that it's fine.

"Sige po ma'am. Hindi ko naman po kayo matatanggihan." We laughed together.

-----

Red Lobster, California

"Thank you ma'am for bringing me here po. Very appreciated!" she told me while eating. "Hala siya? Don't mind it! Pa-thank you ko 'to for yesterday kaya kumain ka lang dyan!" she laughed at my words and nodded afterwards.

"Do you often take your wife out on dates po, madam?" she asked. I stopped eating for awhile to answer her. "Hmmm... I take her out sometimes lang kasi pareho kaming mas gusto na sa bahay kami sabay kakain. Pero yes, I take her out to eat naman." I replied.

"Must be nice to be married po ano? Nahanap niyo na po forever niyo sa isa't isa."

"You also believe in forever?"

"Yes naman, ma'am! Really! I think the thought of forever is just so romantic talaga." she replied and I nodded.

"Very alike kay Theresia. My wife also believes in that. Ako dati, hindi. She was just the reason bakit naniwala na rin ako." I said and she gasped "Wow."

She then took pictures. "Is it fine if I post this, ma'am?" she asked. I nodded and said "Oo naman! Wala naman tayong tinatago. Go ahead!" and she squealed in happiness.

"Ma'am since feeling ko medyo close naman na po tayo. May gusto lang po sana ako i-confess." she said with giggles. I raised a brow at her and she said "I've had a crush on you ever since before po talaga."

My eyes grew in disbelief of what I've heard pero hindi naman na bago sa akin ang mga ganto. "Really, huh?" she nodded.

"Kaya even though maganda rin naman ang kumpanya ni Chel, I decided na sa inyo pa rin po mag-apply. I watch the shows you were in before. Lalo na po mga talkshows." she said and it warmed my heart to meet a supporter like her.

"Thank you for that.. Ang cute." I said and she leaned closer.

"Ang alin po yung cute? Ako?" she asked and I laughed. "Joke-joke lang, madam! Pero totoo po yung sinabi ko ha. Supporter mo po talaga ako!"

 Supporter mo po talaga ako!"