Chapter 14: Ineffable Truths

Leonor's POV

"H-how did you know?" Theresia asked me with frightened eyes after I spoke about what I know. "You're my wife! It's normal that I'll know anong nangyayari sayo." I said even though Anton was the one who really admitted it.

"I told you to not worry anymore. Yet, here you are. Establishing a substitute for MLG. Do you not trust my confidence that my firm won't fail? Natatakot ka bang bumagsak ang MLG?" I asked. I just do not understand her reason for beginning all these.

"Mahal.. I just asked for your faith in me. Na sana, wag kang matakot if ever may mangyaring anomalya sa kumpanya." I said with a very soft voice.

"Leonor, you know I tried explaining it to you that it has been my dream ever since," she replied while she kept her index finger pointed at me.

"You should've asked me. I can do so much for you. You know the connections that I have, kaya kitang patayuan ng cafe kahit ngayon din." I said and she shook her head, disagreeing with my words.

"I want to do something on my own. You've been helping me ever since at gusto ko naman sanang may maipagmalaki na sarili kong gawa!"

"Ohh.. So that's why kay Anton ka humingi ng tulong?" I asked her with a sarcastic laugh.

"I didn't ask for help. He insisted," Theresia replied with her arms crossed. "Fuck it! Whether you asked him or he initiated the help, may tulong pa rin siya!"

"O, edi sige! I'll let my guard down. Hahayaan kong naka-tanga na lang ako while you work yourself to the top! Dahil between you and I, ikaw naman yung may maipagmamalaki. Between the two of us, ikaw yung successful!" she shouted back.

"I can't believe na wala kang tiwala sa mga makakaya ko."

"Mabuti sana kung humingi ka ng tulong pero hindi kay Anton. Halatang halata that that asshole wanted something from you! Gusto ka niya!" I raised my voice already. She then furrowed her brows at me. "Ano na namang pinagsasasabi mo?"

"Come on... Do you think walang CCTV 'tong bahay? Do you think hindi ko malalamang nag-halikan kayo sa labas ng sarili nating bahay?!" I answered her without hesitations. Her pupil shrunk in size after I left her in disbelief.

"He initiated the kiss! I pulled out dahil hindi ko naman siya gusto! I chose to accept his assistance kasi you're so selfish. Palagi mo akong tinutulad sayo. Na dahil iniisip mong mahihirapan ako katulad mo." she shouted, in tears already.

"Wow! Just wow! Ako pa yung selfish?"

"Oo! Because you didn't even try to listen to me. Instead that you help me out and convince Pia that I'll be fine, you kept persuading her that this'll do me nothing good!"

"Nakita mo na ba yung papeles? Did Antonio show the papers to your face?" I asked her, calmed this time. She shook her head no. "Then sana tinignan mo muna."

I placed a folder on the dining table. She opened it and saw the files that she has been working on with Anton. "How d-did you have a copy of these?" she asked. Her face suggested she's purely confused.

"Hindi ba yan yung approval at contract? Once na napirmahan yan, tsaka ka lang magkakaroon ng investors for that business. Then, you can start. Nung na-pirmahan, Anton went here to announce it to you, tama?" I asked her. Theresia nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Did you see the signature?" "No."

"Then I guess, you need to see it." I pointed at the signature and she gasped.