II - 24: Meant To Be

The Following Day
Quezon City
Leonor's POV

I got to step foot on the entrance of Theresia's coffee shop. I had a good look around and it is a really nice place. She really has the taste. Talagang she pursued, it made me more proud of her. "Congratulations." I whispered only to myself.

I opened the door and walked in, every customer had their eyes on me. Some even approached to take pictures. I gladly treated them politely since their Theresia's customers. I stretched my neck to see through the crowd in front of me, I saw Pia near the cashier.

"Pia!" I called her out. She waved her hand to me and thank goodness that the people were understanding that they left afterwards. "Hi, hello! May special guest pala kami ngayon." she said. I laughed at her, "Maliit na bagay."

"Nasaan si Theresia?" I asked her and Pia raised a brow at me. "Wow ha... Hanap agad?" she said and crossed her arms. "Ah- I mean, siya yung owner... Gusto ko lang sana siya batiin."

"Joke lang, madam. Kabado agad." she laughed at me. "Nasa kusina si ate. Wait lang." she said and I nodded.

I took a seat first and waited patiently until Theresia shows up. I cracked my knuckles and neck as I stay sitting.

Theresia walked out with an apron, she looked around and approached Pia. I saw her pointing at me and I waved. Theresia then projected a wide smile. "Hi!" I said, minimally.

She rushed to me and said "I didn't expect you to be here. Buti kaya ng sched mo?" then I smiled at her. "Wala yun. Ano ka ba? Sandali lang naman." I told her and she nodded. "Do you want anything? It's on me." she asked and I shook my head.

"I just wanted to ask kung pwede ka lumabas ngayon? I want to take you somewhere lang sana. I felt like our time to talk wasn't enough last night. Baka pwedeng i-extend?" I asked her and she chuckled. "Oo naman. Basta ikaw." she then went back behind the counters, removed her apron and hairnet. Her hair fell perfectly, I can tell.

"Halika na?" she pulled my wrist, asking me to go already. "Tara." I replied.

-----

UP Sunken Garden

"Bakit dito tayo?" Theresia asked. "It's a very important place we never got to visit together before." I told her and she gave me a downward smile. I walked out of the car and I opened the car door for her. "Thank you," she giggled.

We walked through the sidewalks and the wind blew to her. It reminded me of the moment we talked on MLG's rooftop in L.A. before. We took an outdoor seat and faced the green field in front of us.

Theresia smiled as she watched children play within the field. "So... Why are we here again?" she asked. "Alam mo, nung college ako, dito ako tumatambay kapag kailangan ko ng hangin para huminga." I said out of the blue.

"Dito ko rin inaalala yung babaeng pinapadalhan ko ng bulaklak at letters." I told her and she furrowed her eyes. "Akala ko ba..."

"When I was in college, I fell in love with this woman. Nakita ko siya sa Ateneo. Siya yung nadapa, pero ako yung nahulog sa kanya."

While I narrated, she seemed to be so attached to hearing my story. "Tapos?"

"Ever since that day, pinadadalhan ko siya ng tulips with letters to motivate her. I know how tough college is, so sabi ko baka pwede akong makatulong through that. I admired her talaga. Pero dahil sa sobrang gandang babae niya, napapaligiran siya ng mga manliligaw na taga dun talaga sa campus, so sabi ko wala na akong chance."