Chapter 18: Is This Goodbye?

Theresia's POV

I stood outside the building and sat on the side for awhile, trying to get myself together. At this point I feel like I'm not even alive. My thoughts can't seem to run properly. I'm dumbfounded.

I walked through the sidewalks thinking if we should end things between us once we get to talk. Sobrang mahal ako ni Leonor, sadyang ako yata yung di handa sa ganung klaseng pagmamahal.

Perhaps I was too comfortable that she'd always ask me to stay. I might've forgotten the fact that she has the capacity to leave me too.

I look like a drunk woman walking on the streets near MLG's building. My walk seems wobbly and my blazer was just placed on my shoulder.

I was wrong.

It started to rain and I didn't bring an umbrella. "Punyetang malas naman 'to." I whispered to myself in annoyance, but I still continued to walk. Maybe the rain would help me end the tears that's been streaming from within my eyes. Maybe the rain will bring my pains together with its fall.

It was then that I heard a car revving behind me. I checked, but I was dazzled by its headlights. As soon as my sight cleared out, I checked the plate number and I was sure it's Leonor's.

She went out of the car and slammed the door, approaching me. "The hell are you doing out here, Theresia?! Ang lakas ng ulan, bakit ang bagal-bagal pa ng lakad mo?!" she said as she took my blazer off my shoulder and placed it on my head instead.

I didn't speak and she said "Wala pa akong dalang payong. Ano ba yan?!" somehow grunting.

I hugged her instead, under the pouring rain. That's when my tears streamed along with the raindrops on my face. She was frozen for awhile and wasn't able to move.

"Leonor, I'm so sorry!" I said while hugging her. Her arms didn't wrap around me though. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry that I lied but believe me.. I was just fooled too," I said while holding her face to keep her eyes on me.

"I just don't understand why did you have to lie? Hindi ba asawa ang tingin mo sa akin? Do you still want to do things on your own? Hindi ka pa ba handang may kasama ka na?" she asked suddenly. "Th-that's not it-"

"What do you mean that that's not it? Hindi ka ba natamaan sa mga sinasabi ko sayo dati? I was saying those words para naman itulak kang umamin, kaso wala. You still chose to hide those. Bakit? Dahil alam mong ikakagalit kong si Anton ang tumutulong sayo?"

"I keep on protecting you from people and scenarios that can harm you, pero ikaw pa ang lumalapit sa mga ganun. I did my best to stop you so that you don't end up having regrets in the end. Ang bilis-bilis mong maniwala. Masyado kang people pleaser, Theresia! Sana tumatak sa isip mo na hindi lahat ng taong kilala mo ay talagang concerned sayo."

"Some of them show up to wait for chances to troll you. Hindi porket kilala mo na dati, ganun pa rin ang ugali ngayon. Kapag past na, past na! Most things become different throughout the years."

"Leonor, I'm sorry. Mahal na mahal-"

"Ganyan! Yan na naman ba?! Sa tuwing mag-aaway tayo, dinadaan mo ako sa iyak at puro salita mo. After that, I won't see anything different. Dinadaan mo ako sa mga ganyan dahil alam mong di kita matitiis."

"Napaka-unfair mo! Iiwan mo ako, maglilihim ka sa akin, dahil lang sa pangarap na yan? Binabalewala mo na yung pakiramdam ko dahil may iba kang katulong nung mga oras na yun? Alam mo, Theresia. Pwede naman kitang tulungan eh! Hindi ba't mas maganda yun na magtayo ka ng coffee shop mo, habang ako pinaghuhusayan ko sa kumpanya. Kaso wala, hindi mo pinaintindi sa akin eh!"