Chapter 16: Untold Truth

MLG Industries, California
Leonor's POV

After all that's been said, I already took it as my cue to stop and breathe for awhile. Siguro, kung mas nasasaktan ako ngayon, hindi lahat dahil sa mga nagawa ni Theresia, pero dahil nasaktan ko siya sa mga nasabi ko.

In the end, I still find no sympathy for myself, but more for my wife.

Now, after I stayed the whole night in my office, the employees started to come. Everyone had their eyes on me as I walked through the halls. I no longer greeted them good morning dahil wala naman talagang good sa umaga ko.

"Come on, everyone! It's very early and this is how slow you all work?! Unbelievable!" I shouted in annoyance. All of them, especially the managers and department officers, rushed to their cubicles to start the day.

One employee came running as she was late already. We bumped to each other and unfortunately, she held a bunch of folders. "Ma'am! I apologize!" she said in nervousness as she knelt to pick up the papers.

"Butter fingers, I see. Don't you know that those papers within those folders are more important than anything including you?! What about my stained suit now?! Get to work! I don't pay you to keep on asking for an apology here!" I shouted at her as I continued to walk. I felt every eye on me. So what?

"Do I pay you all to stare at me?! There are papers on your desks. That's what you are supposed to stare at and work on, not me!"

I shook my head and rubbed my face in irritation of what's happening. Umagang umaga, pinapainit ang ulo ko. Jusmiyo.

Once I entered back into my office, I slammed the door and heard the bang's echo.

No matter how hard I try to focus on my work and keep it professional, I can't help but retrieve the anger I have within. Not for Theresia, but for Anton.

Una pa lang, masama na talaga kutob ko sa lalaking yun. No matter how many times I warn Theresia, he kept convincing her to meet up. Yan. Umabot na tayo sa ganto.

Truth hurts but everytime I imagine Theresia's face, I can't unsee the way he kissed her. No matter how many times I tell myself that it wasn't Theresia's liking, still, it flashes me back to the time I saw it via CCTV. I shouldn't be feeling this way because none of this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Is this my lack?

Nagkulang ba ako sa pagp-protekta sa asawa ko? Hindi pa ba sapat yung pagmamahal ko kaya patuloy siyang gumawa ng mga bagay na ayaw niyang ipaalam sa akin? O baka sumobra na ako?

I stopped my work, closed the laptop, and spinned my pen together with my deep thoughts. Out of the urge to do something to Anton, I called on my connections. Anyone who can help me do one thing.

Just one thing.

-----

Downtown California

I marched from my vehicle to a small street downtown. It was said that this was where Anton was last seen just last night. Together with 4 bodyguards, I made my way in to ask about that man and where he currently is.

As we strolled a long the small pathway, we met a gang of 6 men. All of them had tough builds, but still I approached them.

"Do you, by chance, know this man?" I asked them as I showed a photo of Anton. "Who are you?" they asked.

"I'm the one asking. Answer me." I stood tougher. "That's Anton."

"And how do you know him exactly?" I asked. The men laughed as one said "As if we'd tell you instantly. Who are you fooling, woman?" and they laughed over again. I gave them a straight face and cracked my neck both sides.