Chapter 6: Wrong Turns

A Week Later
Hollywood Boulevard, California
Theresia's POV

I went to the boutique Leonor and I went to before. Ang ganda kasi ng dresses nila. I think I prefer shopping here than sa designers.

"E-excuse me? Are you Theresia Gerona? Leonor's wife?" a woman asked me inside. I nodded. "Uhmm... Yes! Yes, I am," I answered with a smile. "OMG! Hi! I am a really big fan of your wife! She's a really fantastic woman," she said and I thanked her for the compliment on Leonor.

Maya-maya, there's also a bunch of people who came in to ask for pictures hanggang sa naging crowded na yung store. First time lang nangyari ito. Maybe it means na mas lalong sumisikat na ang asawa ko.

Nakakatuwa naman.

Another reason to be proud of her.

The guards were alerted and escorted me as I exited the boutique. We walked through the boulevard with these buff men around me. Before entering my vehicle, I stood to give them the pictures they asked for. I posed for the cameras and took the selfies with them.

Later, before I entered the car I heard someone shout "Sasa!" I quickly looked back to find out it was Anton. I waved at him and he smiled. Anton walked closer to me, but the guards held him apart from me.

"He's my friend. It's alright," I said to them, they allowed Anton to pass through. "Thank you!" he said. "Bakit ka nandito?" I asked.

"Uh.. I just wondered if we can get coffee together? There's Starbucks somewhere here. Nabitin kasi ako sa kwentuhan natin nung isang araw." he said and I looked at my watch. "Sure. Tara!" I said.

Will this make me and Leonor fight again if she knew about this? We're okay already, so I guess, it won't bother her anymore.

We walked to the corner of the street where Starbucks is. As we went in, the staffs waved at me and said, "Good afternoon, Ma'am Gerona!" they greeted to which I smiled back at them. "Good afternoon, everyone!"

Anton and I sat on one table, our seats in front of each other. "So.. About last time, I really had fun with you. Very amazing lang na ang laki-laki talaga ng bahay niyo at yayamanin kaya mahirap din gumalaw galaw." he remarked and we laughed together.

"Nako! Ganyan din ako nung una akong tumira sa bahay ni Leonor way back naging kami. Nakakatakot din gumalaw pero she made me feel comfortable talaga," I shared and he nodded.

"Pero ako, I'm very proud of you kasi natupad mo na yung dream store mo noong college pa lang. Yung surf shop mo." I said and he nodded. "It wasn't easy though. Kaya blessing na nandito na ako. Finally, this is it." he said, very proudly and I clapped for him.

"Ito! Naging interrupted question 'to last time. I asked sana kung ikaw? Natupad mo na ba yung dream mong magtayo ng coffee shop?" he asked as he sipped from his cup. "Actually, no. Hindi. I used to work sa cafe sa Pilipinas, but the dream to have my own, hindi."

"Ha?! Bakit naman hindi?! You now have the money and connections to make one. Bakit hindi mo simulan?"

"W-wag na lang siguro. May iba na akong pinagkaka-abalahan." I replied. He scoffed while shaking his head in disbelief. "Or you're being held back because of Leonor?" he asked. "No! Hindi naman..." I sighed.

"It's because of her, isn't it?" he repeated again. "Leonor and Pia doesn't want it. Okay?" I finally admitted.

-flashback-