Chapter 12: Glimpse Of Us

MLG Industries, California

Leonor's POV

I brought my wife with me today. Her presence is very much my main need as of now. After all that's happening, only she could bring comfort and rest to me.

"Good morning everyone! I have my wife with me today!" I said happily as we crossed through the floors filled with cubicles. The departments of staff smiled and greeted back. Theresia clung to my arms and waved at every employee we saw. All throughout the floors we've been through, I can't help but smile.

"Buti naman di ka na snob," she said and I laughed. "Matagal na akong nagbago for good. Also, good mood lang. Nandito ka eh." I winked at her and her cheeks swiftly turned red, which then I poked.

"Anong gusto mong merienda later? Want mo dine tayo somewhere or pa-deliver na lang tayo dito?" I asked her as we stepped inside the elevator to head to my office already. "Hmmm... Pa-deliver na lang siguro. Na-miss ko rin kasi mag-stay dito sa office mo." she responded and I nodded at her in agreement and handed her my black card "Alright. Sige."

The moment we're in front of my office, I stood still for awhile and it caught my wife's attention. "Huy? Okay ka lang? Bakit?" she asked. "Wait, love! I want to bring you somewhere." I told her and her face suggested that she was confused.

I held her hand and went back inside the elevator. I pressed the button to lift us to the rooftop. "Naka-akyat ka na ba dun?" I asked. She shook her head no. Her response made me happy. At least, she hasn't.

When we stepped foot on the rooftop, wind blew through us which then messed up Theresia's hair. "Ay! Ano ba yan?" she reacted and we laughed. I brought her near the rails to make her see a better view. "Woah... Los Angeles' skyline." she said under her breath.

Her eyes reflected sparkles, the sun kissed her skin, and her smile is so pure. I can stare at this forever.

"There's a lot of buildings. Talagang grabe ang population ng L.A.," she said and I nodded after her remarks. "Totoo! Nung nandito ako, wayback bago pa ko bumalik ng Pilipinas noon, talagang ang hirap kumilos sa dami ng tao. Mahirap maka-hanap ng tahimik at pahinga because you just can't be alone here." I said.

"Think of it. This is what I see everyday. Yet, I was able to bring myself to find you even though you were miles away from me."

"Bakit hinanap at hinintay mo pa ako? I'm sure you met a lot of people here and all over the world. Imposibleng walang nakahihigit sa akin."

"That's because I didn't know what love was until I met you; yes, I've met a lot of people from all over the world, but that's now a reason why I love you even more; no one has ever felt like you out of all the thousands."

Theresia wasn't able to speak nor move. She was left in awe of my words which then she snapped out from the moment I touched her hand.

"Alam mo, sa ngayon, very rampant ang lying. Pero I hope you know that what I'm saying is true." I told her. She nodded, "Oo naman, mahal. I believe you. Ramdam ko yan."

"Nakakatakot ngayon 'no? Daming naghihiwalay at naglolokohan sa social media. All because of dishonesty. Buti na lang tayo, safe sa ganyan." I said and chuckled. Meanwhile, Theresia just kept her smile and didn't say anything else anymore.

Theresia's POV

"A deception can get you through the present, but it can't help you overcome the future. One lie is sufficient to have doubts on truths." Leonor murmured as she looked at the view in front of us.