II - 33: Duties

5 Weeks Later
Leonor's POV

"Mahal, eat this with me," Theresia offered me a pandesal with Mang Tomas as its spread. "Mahal, hindi naman yan litson kawali, bakit Mang Tomas?" I asked. "It tastes so good! Try it!" she said, feeding me a bite of it.

I refused to and she started to tear up, "Mahal, I want something sweet na medyo mushy."

She's crying over that. As she says, her pregnancy brain sometimes makes her do stuffs she doesn't know.

"Sweet and mushy? Are you referring to a banana?"

Her eyes glistened after I got it right. "Ayun. Saging! Oo nga pala."

"You... forgot what a banana is?" I asked and she nodded. I handed her a banana from the pantry. Sabay kinuha niya yung mustard and dipped it inside. "Really? Mustard? On a banana?" then without hesitation, she ate it and nodded.

"Hold." she handed me the pandesal with Mang Tomas. "Oh God, this.. What is this?" I looked at it and it just really doesn't look so promising.

Later, she left me in the kitchen and went upstairs. I kept holding the pandesal that she asked me to. I looked around me then at the bread again, it still doesn't look appetizing at all.

I entered our bedroom, Theresia looked at herself in the mirror. However, I noticed that there was a frown rather than a smile as she looked at herself. "Hello, Mahal. What's wrong?" I held her waist.

"Wala lang.. I just don't feel myself today." she frowned. "Ay? Hala bakit, Mahal?" I asked but she didn't reply and just kept releasing deep sighs.

I sat on the bed and asked her to sit beside me "Want to talk, love? 'Lika dito." She nodded and sat slowly.

"What's the matter, Mahal ko? What's with the sad face?"

"I don't know. I don't like the way I look."

"Why so? You're literally the prettiest, love." I cupped her cheeks and held her face towards my direction. "Feeling ko magiging pabigat ako sayo. I'm pregnant tapos hindi na ako makakatulong masyado sayo. Tapos, my body will change soon. I might not look the same as before," Theresia pouted.

"Love, you're never a burden to me. Please do not think of that. Sobrang mahal kita that I am more than willing to prioritize you above all. Also, who said that you're not pretty anymore? Sobrang ganda mo nga, nakaka-in love ka lalo."

"If you suffer, then we'll suffer together. Tuloy nating tutulungan ang isa't isa, kaya hindi ka pabigat. You give more than what you think, beautiful. You're more than how you see yourself. If perfect doesn't exist, how do you define yourself then?"

"Iniisip mo ba na mahal kita dahil lang sa looks mo? No, mahal! I love you because you are you. Mahal kita dahil mahal kita, that's it. Hindi kita iiwan dahil lang sa pagbabago o dahil lang sa mga pagdadaanan mo. I love you, okay? I love you without conditions. I love you because I do."

"I don't feel complete ngayon. Baka mapagod ka. I'm afraid I won't be able to give you the love that you deserve tapos baka hanapin mo mga pagkukulang ko sa iba." she pouted more.

"My love, you complete me so I'm here to help you complete yourself too. If you're thinking I'll leave you just because I'll find someone else, that's never gonna happen because no one else is better than you, asawa ko."

"Even if I won't look the same anymore?"

"You get prettier each day, Mahal ko," I replied and it made her smile softly.