II - 23: The Sight Of You

The Following Day
Sofitel Manila
Theresia's POV

"Shuta ka! Na-late tayo tuloy!" Pia said to me as soon as we stepped foot on the hotel's lobby. "Masyado kang nagpa-ganda. Apat na oras kang nag-ayos, ate!" she kept complaining while I moved to find the function hall where the even would happen.

The event starts at 7:00 PM I checked the clock within my phone "8:30 PM?! Shit! Oo nga!" I then rushed through the long hallways with my sister. Thank goodness, we bumped to Leila. "Ate! Ate Lei... Late ba?" I asked the moment I saw her in the hallway. "Gaga! Isang oras mahigit na yung event, ewan ko sayo." she said.

"Nasan si- Nasaan yung event?" I asked. "Ay?! May hinahanap agad?" Pia uttered behind me. "Yung event kasi." I said as an excuse. Leila walked with us through the huge hallways of the place and as we get closer, that's when I saw familiar faces. Business people who has been always invited in MLG's events.

Good thing that Lei sits with us in one table. "Ayan. Sakto. Mags-speech na siya." she murmured. I wonder who and then...

Leonor showed up in a pink suit.

I was caught off guard after seeing her on the stage. It was like everything stood still except her. She remained clear within my vision and I couldn't help but be teary eyed. She's still as gorgeous as ever. Like I said, always stands out in a pink suit.

Seeing her after all these years still feels like falling in love all over again.

"Maybe our stars may align once more in the future. If they do, I'll be sure to meet the woman who  stands out in a pink suit."

Is this where those constellations align? If it is, I can agree because I can see them in her eyes.

"Theresia.. Theres-" Leila tapped me several times to snap me out of my thoughts. "H-huh? Anong m-meron?" I asked, confused of why she's calling me. "Tulala ka?" she asked to tease. "N-no! I mean... Oo, medyo. Pero-"

"Pigilan ang kabaklaan."

"She's just so stunning every single time."

And that's when I knew that the reason why I can't seem to find love anywhere else was because this is where I'd find it. Through all those years of being unsure and confused, this is where I'd keep finding serenity – Her Serenity.

She started her speech but it was like I can't hear anything. I was so focused on appreciating seeing her in person once again that everything I saw was in slow motion.

You still drive me this way, Leonor. Even after all those years.

She's there. Leonor is there... the CEO, the successful woman...

My wife...

She ended her closing remarks, patapos na pala yung event, kainan na lang pala naabutan ko. So I also kept hearing Pia mumbling and complaining to Leila about how long it took me to prepare.

-----

After stepping down, Leonor looked at me but never said a word. "So, ano nangyari?" Lei asked as I sit back. "Ewan! Nagulat ako?! Tapos, pagbaba niya, parang walang nangyari," I told her. Both of Pia and Lei didn't know what to say anymore.

I saw Leonor exit through the door. "Sundan ko ba? Para lang makausap ko?" I asked the two. "Ikaw, ate. Kung handa ka na siguro." my younger sister commented.

I gulped my throat and clenched my fist to encourage myself to have the guts to do so. Who knows, baka hindi na ako mabigyan ng pagkakataon.

I walked out to the hallway and after rushing, I found her in a corner. "Hmm? Anong ginagawa mo dito?" she asked. "M-may hinahanap lang." I replied to her. Leonor looked at me from my head to my toes. "P-pero, ikaw talaga yung hinahanap ko."

"Why?"

"Gusto lang sana kita makausap."

"About?"

I wasn't able to respond immediately, thinking if this is a wrong thing to do. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes for awhile, when I opened them, she was suddenly standing closer to me.

"About us.." I finally spoke. "Sure. Halika?" she said, offering me her hand. "Ah- sure ka ba? Hindi ba't kailangan ka nila sa loob?"

"Sabi mo kailangan mo ako ngayon."

I gulped again and looked at her hand, reaching out for mines. "San tayo pupunta?" I asked her before I took it. "Ewan! Siguro sa lugar na tayo lang nakakaalam." Leonor managed to crack a joke which then made me feel comfortable with her presence.

She lead me outside and we walked on the sidewalks. "So... What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Uhm... I just want to congratulate you for all your successes. Talagang di ko inaakalang makikilala mo pa ako sa sobrang dami nang ganap ng buhay mo." I told her. She stopped walking for awhile.

"Pwede ba yun? Kakalimutan kita?"

"Oo. Kung pipiliin mo."

"Well, I choose not to."

"The person that you've become, Incredible.!Di ko aakalaing may ikaka-success pa pala yung successful na." I told her and she laughed which made her dimples visible. "Ah... Sorry? May dumi ba sa mukha ko?" she asked as soon as she noticed that I locked my sight on her face. "Wala! Wala... Natulala lang ako saglit. Zone out, ganun." I said and she laughed, somewhat shyly.

"Ikaw? How are you? I heard you opened your coffee shop yesterday. Congratulations!" she told me with her hands applauding for me. "Wow... Updated ka pa rin ah. Thank you," I replied. "Si Lei ang nagsabi. Alam mo naman, ever-daldal yun." Leonor said.

"Alam mo, I want to visit your coffee shop. Pwede ba akong pumunta bukas?" she asked. I know my eyes glistened upon her words. I felt happy about her interest in visiting. "S-sure! Welcome ka. Welcome ka anytime." I told her.

"Nakakatuwa. Ito na tayo ngayon. Pareho na natin natutupad mga pangarap natin sa isa't isa." Leonor sighed happily and I nodded in agreement. "Grabe! I didn't know a lot can change in 4 years." I told her to which she agreed to as well.

"Maraming nagbago pero maganda ka pa rin."

"Ha?"

"I mean, yung mga narating mo. Maganda. Pero syempre, ikaw rin. Ang ganda ganda mo naman."

Both Leonor and I laughed in unison. "Maraming Salamat."

"Grabe... Makukumpleto na sana pangarap ko eh." she said.

"Huh? Meron ka pang hinahangad? Parang nasayo na lahat eh. Ano pang di mo natutupad?"

"Yung tayo."

It was then that Pia walked out too and called me. "Ate! Ate, uwi na tayo?" she asked. "Oh, hi. I didn't know you were with ate." she also said to Leonor, letting out soft laughters.

"Panira ng moment." I said within my head.

"Ah. Aalis na pala kayo?" Leonor asked. "Oo eh. Maaga pa opening namin bukas," I said. "O, sige. Ingat kayo ha. Maraming salamat sa pagpunta. See you again soon!"

"Sige, I'll see you soon..."

...Mahal.