II - 26: Meaning of Love

A Month After
Theresia's POV

"Love?" I searched for Leonor as I didn't see her anywhere. Sa sobrang laki ng bahay niya, di na kami magkita eh dadalawa lang naman kami. Halos tumakbo takbo ako sa mga hallways.

She showed up in the living room, carrying a mug. "Ooh? What's this?" I asked as I held her waists and looked in the cup. "Kape!" Leonor answered. "Wow.. Marunong ka na ha."

"I followed your recipe. Love and admiration!" she added to her words. I gave her a kiss and had a sip from her coffee. "Woah. Kuhang kuha na!" I exclaimed, being proud of her.

If there's one thing I specifically treasure within this moment, it'd be Leonor's beautiful dimpled smile. Her eyes that glistened, enough to brighten my day. The satisfaction I feel within her presence and the consoling sensation of her voice.

I look at her and I admit that I can't forget about that night when everything went badly for us. She deserves better, so it's my time to be that better. She deserves to be treated right by the person she loves the most.

I look at her in this perspective like how I look at the night skies containing stars. Like them, she shines brightly making her presence a pleasant view in my eyes.

I can say I fall in love more and more with my wife each day.

I start to ask, how come everything in my life feels so wrong except for her? How can a person be this meaningful to me? It never failed to amaze me. That thought... that I had fallen into deep.

Her eyes, where I'd fall. Her arms, where I'd land. Her lips, that'd touch me. Her voice, that'd calm me.

"Leonor, I love you so much." I spoke after my words. She looked at me, confused but still managed to smile afterwards. "I love you more, always."

If we'd stay together forever, can I keep on feeling like this? — The feeling of falling in love over and over again.

"I'd wait forever... if you'd be there too."

"No need to wait. We're spending forever together."

But you know, your eyes, they tell me you're tired. The stress you handle as a hardworking person. Your voice, it tells me you're not okay. Your arms, they feel like home. Know that my arm is also a fortress where you can lay and rest.

"You're doing great, asawa. Don't stress yourself too much sa pagtatrabaho. It's fine to relax," I told her as I caressed her shoulders that were stiff. "Relax..." I whispered.

"I'm just pressured. Baka di ko na naman mabantayan yung kumpanya."

"You're doing just fine. Release the pressure, mahal. You'll be able to work well that way."

Then, I started humming for her as we sit on the couch. Leonor froze as she listened.

She listened intently and her lips formed a smile which pleased my heart.

-----

Leonor's POV

Theresia, my wife, continued to hum as soon as she realized how I appreciate her tune. After, she started singing with lyrics.

Pangako sayo, ipaglalaban ko
sa hirap at ginhawa ang ating pag-ibig

I looked at her and she closed her eyes as she starts to sing her heart out.

Upang di magkalayo
Kailanman

She looked back at me and smiled. Everytime she does, her eyes disappear, but they suggest her real feeling.

Pagka't ang tulad mo
Ay minsan lang sa buhay ko

As she ended, I kissed her forehead which made her giggle. "Pinaglaban mo talaga. Di ka naghanap ng iba," I told her.

"I don't like anyone else." she laughed.

Theresia held my hand, "I only want this one to hold." Then, she kissed my lips, "This one to kiss." and she leaned forward to look directly into my eyes, "And those little eyes to look at."

"In short, I only want you."

Theresia then gave me a medium sized box. When I opened it, it was a mini tulip bouquet. "Wow." I said under my breath.

"I realized kasi na at some point, maybe I can be Tulip Person. Wagas kasi magmahal yun eh. So, kung may standard sa pagmamahal, that'd be Tulip Person." she said.

"Tapos ngayon, ako naman si Sasa," I replied to her. "Why would you choose to be me?"

"Kasi, like Sasa, we all deserve love. We all deserve a Tulip Person. Just like Sasa, we shouldn't experience the bare minimum treatment." I responded.

Just like Sasa, we have to be patient to find the one for us.

Just like Tulip Person, we should love unconditionally without expecting something in return.

In essence, pure love entails an unflinching, unbreakable, and unrivaled affection and devotion for your lover. Life without your significant other would be completely unimaginable, yet it is also defined by an enormously profound emotional and physical connection with them.

Love is patient.

For me, love means "Theresia"

This woman that came by an accident in my life, turns out to be the most beautiful thing I'd ever have. The one I'd treasure till my very last day. Also, the one I'd keep even till life after death.

Kung kailangan kong balikan lahat, siya at siya pa rin.

I wish I met her sooner, but as they say, everything takes time. What's destined to come will come and she...

She did so in a perfect timing.