II - 36: Letters To A Loved Unknown

To my dearest little tulip,

By the time I'm writing this, we already know your gender, anak. I'm grateful that we're blessed with a wonderful baby girl. Your mommy Theresia can't stop crying with tears of joy after being so happy for you.

Anak, I hope that by the time that you read this, malaman mong mahal ka na namin bago ka pa man isilang dito.

Mommy and I started this way too. Minahal namin ang isa't isa kahit na hindi pa namin lubusang nakikilala. Same as to now. Mahal ka na namin kahit na hindi ka pa namin nahahawakan at nakikita.

Little Tulip, I would like to thank you for turning our worlds around. That, when we knew about you inside mommy, we were more inspired to become better for you. Our world was so chaotic but when you came, we were motivated to fix it for you.

I love you and mommy above anything else, even more than myself. You two are my world. I wouldn't mind to give up anything as long as it'll benefit the two of you. I can't imagine how I'd be if the two of you didn't exist. Little Tulip, I love you and mommy, always.

I can't wait to keep you in my arms, sing you lullabies, hear your loud crying, see your beautiful smiles, and hold your tiny hands.

Anak, I know mama won't be perfect, but I promise to give you everything that I can. Hangga't makakaya ko at kung para sa ikakasaya at ikaliligtas mo. Hindi ko inaakalang ang pagmamahalan namin ni mommy, magreresulta sa gantong magagandang pangyayari.

Araw-araw ka naming hinihintay, anak. Hindi na kami makapaghintay na alagaan at masilayan ka. Someday, you'll watch after mommy. You'll be the someone who'll look after her in the future.

I'm never fond of writing letters like this, anak. It's mommy who likes doing these, but I want to be able to give you something someday. Something that no amount of money can buy. Just like this happiness and excitement I feel within.

I love you, little tulip. Always will be my little tulip.

Love,
Mama Leonor <3

-----

Hello anak,

Mama Leonor and I decided to write letters for you because this was how we expressed our unsaid love for each other.

Ngayon pa lang, aligaga na ang mama mo. Ang dami na niyang pinabibiling gamit mo. Super excited ang mama, anak.

A long time ago, when I was in college, I fell in love with a person I didn't know who. Crazy, right? But that's how I knew that my love for that person was unconditional. Mahal ko siya dahil lang mahal ko siya. Hindi dahil sa panlabas na anyo o kahit ano pa man.

Now, I'm falling in love with someone who's inside my womb. I do not know who you are yet nor have I seen a glimpse of you, but I feel more for you already. I'm willing to wait. Patience will always lead us to better things ahead. That better thing for me is you, anak.

Mama Leonor and I's love story is quite a whirlwind romance. We fell for each other unexpectedly. So anak, you're going to be that strong bond between us. You will now become our topmost priority. The one we'll love and care for the most.

Thank you, anak, for being our light despite the darkness. Now that we're about to have you, alam naming mas magiging matibay ang pagsasama namin.

Both mama Leonor and I grew up having issues with our own family. However, now that it's our turn to grow this family, we promise you that we'll give you all the good things we didn't have before.

We can't wait to hold you already, anak. Thank you for completing our love story.

I love you, little tulip.

- Mommy Theresia ;)