II - 37: Assurance You Give

The Day After
Theresia's POV

After yesterday's event, the four of us were still left in awe of what Leonor prepared for the gender reveal. Talagang kapag sa kanya mo pinagawa, expect the best and definitely not the least. That's Leonor - the perfectionist and extra that she is.

Heartwarming sentiments flooded my messages, social media, and even emails. We made an effort to thank everyone, but as it went on, it was extremely difficult. All of our devices with logged-in accounts started beeping often with notifications. If this happened to me, imagine how much more it is for my wife.

"Grabe... Hindi pa lumalabas yung anak natin, marami nang nagmamahal sa kanya," Leonor started to speak as she scrolls through Twitter. "Yup. Nagulat nga ako. Little Tulip will surely grow up filled with love," I replied.

Pinky, Pia, and Leila began imbibing in alcohol on the opposite side of the large living room. I'm obviously not permitted to. My wife, however, made the decision to go with me. She said that because she knows how much I love drinking sessions, she didn't want me to feel lonely or left out. Considering the three, talagang laklak kung laklak.

A few minutes later, Leonor stood up and headed to fridge inside the kitchen. She pulled out Chivas Regal and Black Label for the three. "Ubusin niyo yan ha. Ang hindi umubos, babayaran ang fee ng Burj Khalifa," she joked. Immediately, Pinky drank a whole glass of it already. "Definitely not! Di afford."

My wife walked towards me, holding a mug. "Here's one for my wife," she offered. "Love, hindi ako pwed-"

"Don't worry. It's just apple juice. Just so your stomach won't feel lonely."

I smiled at her and she did back to me too. The three, drinking, noticed her sweet gesture. "Leonor, the standard. No doubts bakit trending ka ngayon," Leila uttered as she took shots.

In no time, the smell of alcohol really is unpleasant for me that I feel something rumbling within my stomach. "Love, okay ka lang?" Leonor held my hand. I wasn't able to hold it back that I ran to the sink and vomitted.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry. Hindi ko napigilan," I told them. Leonor followed behind me and patted my back. She also handed me a tissue. "No need to apologize, asawa. That's normal. Akyat na tayo?"

"Hindi. Nakakahiy-"

"Nope! You go up na, ate. We'll be fine. Kami-kami lang naman mag-iinuman. Much better if you rest na," my younger sister said and I smiled at them after they became so understanding of my situation. "Thank you, guys! Babawi ako soon!"

Leonor escorted me as we went upstairs already. "Wag mo na isipin, Mahal ha. Don't stress yourself. It's completely understandable. We can catch up soon, okay?" she said. I nodded and agreed with her. She even opened the door for me and helped me climb up the bed.

"Maraming salamat, asawa, for taking care of me and for being so patient."

"No need to thank me, Mahal. I'm more than willing to do so when it comes to you."

As she moved across the room, my gaze followed her. It hasn't yet dawned on me what I done to earn a loving woman like her. Leonor, who loves so much, has the option of picking someone else, but for unknown reasons, she chose and kept choosing me.

I frequently ponder what the possibilities would be if my wife weren't this person. I might continue to be scarred by my intense love. I might not even understand what true love is.

"Love, can you come here for awhile? Tabi ka dito." I called her to sit beside me. She immediately did so and placed her head on my shoulder. "Yes, love? What is it?"

"I just want to really let you know that I appreciate you so much. You know that words will never be enough for me to express gratitude towards your kindness to me," I told her while my fingers brushed through her hair.

"Hmmm? What's with this? Why so sudden, mahal?"

"Wala lang! You love me so much and I feel like ang dami ko nang pagkukulang sayo."

"My love, you are the reason I love this way. Otherwise, I would be a careless lion roaring at random people without cause. You were the sunlight that warmed a heart as cold as ice. Even if you believe that you're not doing much, for me, you're more than enough and always will be."

She sat straight and started caressing my face.

"Will you still adore me in the future the same way as to now?"

"I will and that's a promise."

She smiled broadly as she gave me her most innocent expression. Her cute dimples emerged, which I found quite endearing. Her full lips felt so delicate as she leaned in to kiss me on the lips that I wanted to do it as often as I could.

She laid on my lap and continued to smile at my womb after our kiss. As I stroked her hair and began to adore her, I found myself thinking deeply.

I start to think back to our relationship's lowest period. We were put to the test during the day, and separated at night. I couldn't help but believe that Leonor always had the option of quitting up completely. Not that I'm anything like her loss, either. She had the option of choosing to spend the evenings with another lady, but instead she waited a long time for someone who had previously betrayed her trust.

Without noticing, my tears started falling. Leonor immediately saw it and she reached for my eyes to wipe them. "Oh? Why are you crying na? Gutom ka ba? Do you want me to get anything?"

"Nothing. May bumabagabag lang sa isip ko."

"Want to share it? I'm all ears, love."

"Wala-"

"Inaalala mo na naman ba  yung dati? Forget about it na, mahal. Move on na. We're doing way better this time," she said with the softest, consoling voice.

Just now, I had a memory of how weighted getting up had previously been, and I let out a rant, "I was simply terrified I may have lost you." To say "That's okay, love. Stop worrying about it. I love you and you do so to me, that's all that counts," she just caressed my cheeks and smiled brightly.

She then began to embrace me in her arms and gave me numerous kisses on the face as we both chuckled.

"What can I do to cheer my wife up?"

"Just stay here. I'll be fine."

"Okay. I'll stay here until okay ka na."

To make me feel comfortable, she fluffed the pillows and snuggled me beneath the covers. She murmured while combing my hair with her fingertips. She notices me from where I am situated and smiles. "I'll be here, Mahal. Have a rest."

"Thank you, mahal."

"Not to worry. My lovely lady should not be bothered by anyone or anything. I'm here to dispel your worries and uncertainty. I'll keep you safe, m'lady," she said in a tune pretending to be a knight.

"Nakaka-in love naman itong knight na 'to," I responded with giggles and laughters. Leonor crossed her arms and pretended to hold a sword and a shield.

"No worries, my lady. Thee'll be here to keep thee safe and sound. Thee promise to doth so until thee feel alright again. Thy knight in shining armor will never be far away for thee hast fallen in deep for a gorgeous lady." she continued to act.

"You're so cute that I love you."

"Ginagaya mo ba ako?"

I pinched her cheeks which she groaned in pain. "Aray naman, Mahal! Sakit ha." she said as she massaged her face.

"I'm sorry. Nakakagigil ka kasi."