Chapter 13: Though It Already Hurts

The Following Night
Theresia's POV

We're eating supper at home after Leonor's work, and she's the one who prepared everything. I placed my arms around her from behind and murmured, "Wow... Natututo ka nang magluto." "Of course," she answered with a smile. While waiting for the filet mignon to cook, she says, "Sa tingin ko, mas magandang matikman mo rin yung luto ko."

I smiled and watched her transfer the food from the pan to a plate. She made sure that the plating's also well done. "Bakit naman sobrang formal ng pagluluto mo? Tayong dalawa lang naman kakain." I said and she let out chuckles while putting herbs on top for plating.

"Ayun na nga eh. Ikaw yung kakain, kaya dapat maayos." she said and I smiled. "Naks naman... CEO sa umaga, chef sa gabi." she gave me a look, "Kulang pa." she said. I looked at her confused. What did I miss?

"Asawa mo all day." she responded and we laughed. "Cheesy."

We started eating and Leonor fed me the first pieces. I nodded my head savoring the delicious taste of Leonor's cooking. Ang laking improvement and I can say na fast learner talaga ang asawa ko.

-----

After the meal, Leonor took the plates to put it in the sink. "Mahal, ako na dyan. Ikaw na nagluto, ako na maghuhugas." I told her but she shaked her head.

"Hindi na. Okay na, Pangga. I got this." she said with even a wink. "Grabe namang chef 'to. Nakaka-in love!" I said. She laughed while heading towards the kitchen.

But one thing I noticed was how her smile fell to a frown after she turned her back. Nakakaramdam akong may mali. Tinatanaw ko siya from the dining room to the area where she is, she sighed deeply and shook her head. My eyebrows furrowed and wondered why.

I gulped within my throat and breathed out to let all the weights lighten at least

I gulped within my throat and breathed out to let all the weights lighten at least. Dapat ko na bang sabihin kay Leonor? What if she gets mad? Paano kung anong mangyari sa relasyon namin after? Should I really risk it?

I hate the way my mind started to run after. My chest felt heavier and it's like my eyes sank. Parang gusto kong umiyak and all.

Is this the sign to tell her?

-----

I saw her finished washing, but before she could leave the kitchen, I went there to talk to her already. "Love, what if umuwi muna tayo ng Pilipinas?" I asked her while she wiped her wet hands using a towel. "Hindi ba't dapat may ayusin ka rin dun? Uwi kaya tayo?" I repeated and she gave me a stare.

"What do you mean by 'uwi'? Ga, this is where we live already. Not in the Philippines." she said. "Then, let's fly back. That's what I mean." I corrected myself and she went to the fridge to get a glass of water. "Bakit gusto mong bumalik dun?" she questioned again.