Chapter 1: Hints

Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
Leonor's POV

"Mahal, can we check some boutiques?" she asked me. I took her out today para ma-familiarize siya sa mga lugar dito sa California. Sabi niya she wants to go somewhere lively. "Sige, mahal. I'll wait for you outside." I smiled at her as she entered in one of the stores.

"That's Leonor Gerona! The richest asian!" A tourist said behind me. Later on, meron nang paparazzi. "Leonor! Leonor! Please look at the camera!" they said and I did. Thank goodness, may securities kaming kasama.

The cameras can be scary especially if you have your wife with you. Maraming possibilities lalo na't gustong gusto talaga nila makalapit sayo. Ako, I really want to keep her safe, of course.

As soon as Theresia stepped out of the store, I pulled her closer to me gently to keep her close to me. The securities made sure walang makakalapit. "What did you get?" I asked her. "Hmmm... Ito lang." she showed me a paper bag with a dress and shirt inside.

"Saan mo nakuha yung top mo? Ganda ha." I asked. "Ah alin dito? Yung Leonor Gerona ba?" she said and I gasped at her joke. "Love naman..." I reacted. She laughed hardly and made me hold the paper bag.

We continued to walk along the boulevard and Theresia saw a kid who was crying in the corner. "Mahal, naliligaw ata yung bata." she pointed out to me. It looks like it na nga. I approached the kid and at first he was startled.

"Hello! Why are you crying?" I patted his back. "I can't find my mommy." he answered, sniffling. "Poor you... Come! We'll help you look for her." Theresia said, holding the child's hand. "O-okay. Please be kind to me. I'm scared." he said. "Of course, we will." Theresia lets out soft laughters.

We took the child with us and Theresia looked so happy holding the child's hand. "I'm Theresia." she said to the child and he nodded, "My name's Jayden." he introduced himself too.

"I'm Leonor! Nice to meet you, Jayden." I shook his hands and he giggled. "You have a nice name. It's like lion." he said and Theresia looked at me with a smile. "Why thank you, buddy." I patted his head. "How old are you?" Theresia asked him as we walked.

"I'm 5! Turning 6 next week!" he said so cheerfully. "That's next week already?!" my wife told him and the kid nodded. "D-do you want to buy something? I want to give you a gift since you're my new friend." I told the child.

"I like Nerf!" he said, even doing a dance. Theresia and I chuckled. Ang cute cute ng batang 'to.

Fortunately, there is a toy store at the end of the block. We walked inside and let Jayden buy whatever he wanted, but he only grabbed one item: the Nerf pistol he wanted. When the boy returned with merely a box, Theresia responded, "You can get more."

"No, thank you," he responded, smiling downwards, "Mommy told me not to be greedy, that I should only take what I really want." "Thank you very much! I'm happy!" he exclaimed cheerfully. She murmured to me, "He's very kind," and I nodded in agreement. My wife walked him up to the cashier to pay for his toy.

Soon enough, we walked out to continue to search for this child's guardian. Before we crossed the pedestrian, Jayden stopped walking. "Uhmm... Theresia?" he tapped her arm. "Yes, sweetie?" she asked.

"You told me I can get something else, right?" he said and we nodded. "Can I buy those flowers?" he pointed at the flower vendor near the corner. "What's it for?" I asked. "It's for mommy. I want to get her something when she comes back." the kid smiled widely at us.