II - 25: Wife Material

A Week After
Leonor's Residence
Leonor's POV

"Bagong bahay mo na naman ba 'to?" Theresia asked me as soon as I parked my car outside. "Oo. Bago lang," I told her and she nodded. "Dami mo nang properties."

"Natin."

"Huh?"

"Properties natin." I clarified for her. "Diba, you still use my surname?" I continued to ask her as I turned the engine off. "Oo naman. We're married ano." Theresia replied while fixing her things before we go down. "And I'll keep using your surname. Gerona." she said. I pinched her cheek softly. "Tama."

I helped her walk out of the car and held her hand as we walk through the door. "Welcome home," I said as I kissed her forehead. "I missed this. Talagang walang katulad sa gantong pakiramdam," she replied.

"I'd like you to meet someone." I told her. She widened her eyes and pulled me. "Sino?!" I laughed at her for a moment and looked towards the stairs. "Snow! Someone wants to see you!" I shouted and my little bag of happiness went running towards us, pero kay Theresia siya lumapit.

"You have a puppy?! Ang cute cute!" Theresia squealed after seeing the cute dog. "Oo. Akala ko di ako magkakaroon ng kasama dito sa bahay. Ang laki-laki but it feels so empty." I told her. "Cute cute naman.." she said.

"Naalala ko lang si Lora. I used to hold her like this too," she pouted when she grabbed Snow to cuddle with. "Teacup puppy pala kaya ang liit."

My phone rang and it was a call from my office. "Love, can I pick this up lang?" I asked her. She nodded and kept giving Snow kisses. Sana naging aso na lang ako. Chos.

I stood up, keeping my eyes on the two and went to the poolside to get a better signal. "What is it?" I said as I picked up. "Ma'am, you're needed po sana sa opisina. May meetings daw po kayo na pending for today." my assistant answered. "Sorry, but can you cancel those? or postpone them na lang. I need to stay at home with my wife today."

"Ah ma'am-"

"No more words. Tell them na I'm not available and that I'm occupied today. Very busy ako." I said and dropped the call. I sighed happily as soon as I got the confidence that I now have the time to spend a day with my wife after to long.

I walked back inside and when I did, Theresia kept giggling. "What's going on-"

"Look, love!" she said as she showed me Snow. She did her hair. "Love, tinalian mo si Snow?" I asked as I sit beside her on the sofa. "Yes! Cute diba?!" she said and Snow went running to me. "Cute tiny legs!" she said. Gigil na gigil sa sobrang cute ni Snow.

"Grabe naman 'tong Snow. Labs na labs na agad ni mommy Theresia," I murmured as I pet her. Snow kept wiggling her tail and just kept hopping around, suggesting that she's happy. "Mommy Theresia... Sarap pakinggan," Theresia said while clapping her hands.

"Ano talaga ginawa mo kay Snow?" I said, pretending to hate it. "Ano ka ba! Inayusan ko lang. Di mo kasi inaalagaan," she joked back and we laughed hardly together.

"Ang ganda ganda tuloy niyang baby Snow na yan. Inayusan kasi ng mommy," I said while playing with the cute puppy. "Ako? Di ba ako maganda?" Theresia asked. "Ay syempre! Lalong lalo ka na. Ang ganda ganda sobra," I told her as I pinched her cheek.

"Bakit di mo sinabi kanina?" she crossed her arms and pouted. "Eh kasi-"

"Hindi naman talaga ako maganda sa paningin mo eh."