II - 42: Your Pink Suits

Leonor's POV

"Ali, what did you and mommy talk about earlier?" I asked as we prepare to sleep already. "She told me about the woman in pink suits. Your love story, mama," she answered.

"Mama, I just want to thank you for being a loving person. You did not get scared to love mommy. She said that you did not believe in love and forever, so I'm glad that you conquered that fear."

"I'm also glad, tulip. If it wasn't for that love, I won't be able to hold this adorable little tulip," I said as I tickled her. She giggled.

"I know you love mommy so much because you always choose to forgive and love her no matter what."

"Because nobody's like your mommy, sweetheart. She's one of a kind."

"What does that mean, mama?"

"It's like she's the tulip I'd pick in a field full of different beautiful flowers. Why? Because she blooms differently, sweetheart. So do you."

I leaned my back on the headboard when Thalia asked "Mama, can I stay here tonight? I want to be with you and mommy a little longer." I nodded and asked her to sit beside me. She did and then laid her head on my shoulder just like how Theresia does.

"Tagal naman ni mommy sa baba," she said. "But, mama, I understand that you love mommy more than anything else. That's why you always kiss her tears so that they won't show up anymore, right?"

Nagulat ako sa sinabi ng batang 'to. Hindi ko alam na pati mga maliliit na bagay, napapansin niya. "You notice that, anak?"

"Yes, mama. That's why I try to be a good girl so that I won't make mommy cry too."

Theresia then entered the room and asked "What's with the cry topic? Sinong umiiyak?" which made Thalia giggle. "Nothing, mommy. We just talked about something," she answered. My wife climbed the bed to sit beside us too.

"Dito daw pala si Thalia matutulog tonight. Okay lang daw ba?" I asked her. "Oo naman. Sure thing anak," then she cuddled Thalia. "Mommy and mama, thank you for loving me so much."

"Of course, sweetheart. We love you more than anything else." I said. We then both heard Theresia sniffling. Our daughter was in shock of what she saw. "Mommy! Did I make you cry?! Oh no, I'm so sorry!" and started to kiss Theresia's face several times.

By the looks of it, nagulat siya sa ginawa ni Thalia. "Mama does this whenever you cry, mommy. Maybe it'll work if I did it to you too."

"It did work, honey. Thank you," Theresia said politely and gave her a kiss. "What about me? Wala ba akong kiss?" I asked. I was surprised when the both of them gave me a kiss at the same time. It felt like I forgot how to breathe and blink within that moment.

"Uh? Mama? Are you okay?" Thalia snapped her fingers to get my attention. "Yes, sweetheart. I was just surprised that I received sweet kisses."

Theresia tucked Thalia under the blankets and snuggled with her. She also hummed a lullaby to make her fall asleep. This has been our routine, except that she asked to sleep here. I watched Theresia from up here, the sight of her never failed to fascinate me.

I stood up and headed to the balcony to get some fresh air. I sighed contentedly with the thought that we really have a daughter already. Not that it's new since 5 years ago, but it's the fact that I know we're raising her well.

Never did my younger self ever thought that I'd be able to have a beautiful family as such. Considering the reckless and hopeless person that I was before, if it wasn't for how Theresia changed my life, I wouldn't be lovable and I wouldn't know how to love at all.

Ana Theresia Hontiveros, Thalia Amalur Gerona — Just two of the most that I loved. Never did I thought that I'd find such beautiful ladies. One, I loved so much that I chose to marry and cherish. The other, I love so much that I chose to raise properly. Also, the two that no amount of money could ever buy.

Yes, it's true that I raised a company. But now, together with my wife, we're raising a beautiful flower that'd soon bloom during her own time. Just like this love we had that we didn't know would eventually bare fruit. Definitely, a good fruit.

Sure, love really is complicated. It wasn't easy. No part of it was easy. But now, I believe that I'll no longer have to see love the same way again. Especially that love now means "Theresia" and "Thalia" to me.

It's mentioned several times how much I hated the thought of love and forever. That was when I never knew nor felt what it was. Agree to disagree, but we often choose to deny something we do not know about. Now, to say this with all intentions, love and forever does exist. How am I able to tell? That's because Theresia and Thalia exists.

"Love, you're out here alone again? What's bothering you this time?"

"The thoughts of you and Amalur."

"Tell me?"

"Wala lang. It's all so crazy how everything seemed to go by fast. As in sobrang bilis. Parang kailan lang, wala na akong ibang inatupag kundi puro trabaho. Tapos, natagpuan ko yung kapeng lagi ko nang hinahanap-hanap."

"It was like we were just in Thailand a few months ago noh? Tapos you challenged me to fake a relationship with you for a week."

"Nahulog ka naman."

"I had always fallen easily for you."

I look at her as the wind blew through us. The moonlight and stars only brightened the skies above us.

Theresia started to hold my hands and massage them to say "Mahal, thank you dahil dinala mo ako sa Thailand." I wondered why she suddenly said that out of the blue. "Bakit, love?"

"Sa Thailand ko mas nakilala yung mapapangasawa ko. Dun kita mas nakilala. Dun kita mas minahal. Imagine if not, then I wouldn't have this beautiful family."

"Hmmm.. Paano ako? Ano sasabihin ko? Thank you dahil nadapa ka sa Ateneo at nakita kita?" I jestered to her.

"Now you believe forever exists."

"Yes, I do now. Thanks to you, Mahal."

"What if ako naman ang di maniwala sa forever?" My wife asked with a smirk and raised eyebrow. "Then I'll show you what it looks like. Deal?" I reached out for her hand.

"Deal."

"Alright, Ma'am CEO Leonor who looks good in a pink suit and always roars in the hallways. I'm Theresia Gerona, applying for the position to love you now and forever."

"You're accepted. Congratulations! You can start today and there's forever to go."

"Imagine if those accidents didn't happen. Walang nasaksak, walang nabangga, walang kahit anong suliranin sa pagmamahalan natin. We might've been happier, 'di ba?"

"Perfect love na kung ganun, sadly, that doesn't exist."

"But now it can?"

"Now... It can."