Chapter 137

your footsteps were loud, but your breathing was even louder.

as you raced from building top to building top, only one thing could fill your mind. you heard your lightning surge with every step and landing you took on the rooftop, doing a roll to stop your momentum before jumping far off to another building in your sight. you weren't even sure if you locked your front door, let alone closed it.

you were too filled with dread to even make sure.

everything passed by you in a blur, a literal blur. you were going so fast. any second too late and who knows what demise you'd meet.

as if you haven't already met it enough.

'am i too late? shoto would've texted me the second something happened, right?' your mind ran wild with thoughts as you continued running. they were like words running off a piece of paper, or someone who was too lazy to break a word at the end of the sheet, and instead just mushed the word together to create one messy word that was probably indecipherable.

you couldn't decipher the worst case scenarios that were pouring into your head.

finally, finally, the damn event place came into your view. you stopped at the edge of the building, and took some time to look at it. it was a bit of a distance away, but even then you could see smoke rising up into the sky. that was already bad enough, but with two fingers to your left temple, you were able to see your world in green and blue. "zoom..." you whispered with a shaky breath from your running. or maybe it was the growing fear inside of you.

and it did as you said.

'fuck... no..no.' your vision was getting hazy. there was smoke everywhere, and explosions going off every second. you flinched at the sight of a car shooting up into the sky, then watched as it fell back to the ground and exploded. it was a huge explosion, and you couldn't even focus on it as a pillar from the altar rose into the air. it looked to have some type of whip around it, and fear finally filled your heart when watching it get thrown into the reception building.

taking your fingers away from your temple and activating your quirk was done in record time, and even more so, the huge jump you took to the skies. was your dad in that building? oh you really hoped he wasn't. sure, you didn't like him all that much, but that doesn't mean you wanted to see him hurt. you landed on the middle of the road in a busy street, making cars swerve and honk. but you didn't give a shit, and just kept running.

'emiko..' your eyes darkened. 'i'm going to kill you.'

finally, you made it to the event place. closer up, the sight made you wanna throw up. wind pushed your hair everywhere as you looked at the numerous dead bodies sprawled about everywhere. blood stained the white decorations, along with guts and dismembered body parts. you were pretty much frozen. unable to move but able to look around with a static vision.

"y/n!"

you snapped your head to the side just in time to see shoto running at you. he pushed you out of the way and you both fell to the ground. when you looked back up, you noticed a table slam into the pillar behind you, breaking it into a million pieces. some of the metal parts hit you, but wasn't as nearly as bad as what could've been if not for shoto. speaking of, he was in the midst of sitting up. "shoto..."

he looked at you with a look of terror. something so rare from him shook you to the bone. "y/n.." he repeated your name, mouth open to speak but it shut when he scanned you and your attire. then he looked at you with confusion as he tilted his head. "why are you in your hero costume?"

you both flinched at the sound of a car alarm going off. "long story, but what's going on?" stupid question, you knew that. but your mind couldn't come up with a right one.