Meeting the parents at thanksgiving.

Im trying to decide what to wear to thanksgiving and every time i pull something out it looks stupid

"If you want a ride you need to be quick." Mom says and walks into my room and pulls a face at the state of my bedroom.

" what happened." She asks. I dont look at her i just rifle through my closet. " i cant find anything to wear." I sigh.

" let me look." She says, she runs her hands over my shoulder and pulls out a baby pink dress and a light wash denim jacket. She gives them to me and puts all my other clothes in my wardrobe and leaves me to it.

I try on the dress and jacket and i love it. Its classy but just right. I look in my shoes and see my pink converse high tops, they look perfect.

" im ready mom, lets go!" I cheer and she drives me to matts house. When were in the driveway she hands me the dish of pie she made.

" hi, you must be y/n. Come in!." Matts dad greets me and i shake his hand. I walk into the kitchen and mary Lou is cooking.

" hi y/n, what did you bring?" She asks me, pulling me in for a warm hug. " my mom wouldn't let me leave empty handed, i dont mean to be offensive." I ask apologetically. She shakes her head and laughs.

" no its not at all! BOYS Y/n is here." She shouts, i hear the boys come rushing down and matt walks in with a huge grin on his face.

" whats up with you?" I ask and he shakes his head and greets me with a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

" just happy." He shrugs. They all lead me to the sitting room and we watch tv with their dad, theres a big match on tv.

" so y/n, what are your parents like?" He asks, matts hand rests on my thigh, i answer and bite back my tears.

" well my dad left when i was born, but i have a little brother and the best step dad ever! And my mom is pretty great too." I say, their dad looks shamed by his question.

" sorry, i didn't know." He apologises. " it dosent matter, i dont mind talking about it. He's never going to be in my life." I laugh and we resume to the game.

" alright, dinner is ready." Mary Lou announces and we all rush to the table. Everything smells so good! The table is set out beautifully And i sit next to matt, across from nick and Chris.

" thank you so much, this looks amazing." I thank her and she waves her hand at me and tells everyone to fill up their plate.

I put on some turkey, mashed potatoes, green beens and some gravy.

" why dont we all discuss what were grateful for." Mary lou suggests and we all take it in turns going around the table.

" im grateful for my family around this table." She says and smiles warmly at us all. My heart bursts when she refers to me as family.

" im grateful for such an amazing family and grateful for what i get to do with my brothers all day." Matt says and i rub my hand on his shoulder.

" im grateful that you all welcomed me so warmly, and im grateful for my mom." I say and everyone smiles at me.

" im grateful for my beautiful family, with our newest member y/n." Their dad says and my heart puts itself back together and bursts allover again.

" im grateful for turkey." Chris laughs and we all laugh hysterically. " and that i get to spend everyday with my brothers." He adds, earning a smile from his mom.

" im grateful for an accepting family, and a best friend." Nick says and looks over at me. I smile at him and we all tuck into our food.

" that was amazing." I say and i help the boys clear the table. We bring out bowls and the pie my mom sent me with.

Once we eat the pie i insist that i want to load the dishwasher, their mom tells me no at first but she walks away when i start to load it.

" are you coming to help." I ask, when matt walks in and sits at the breakfast bar, he shakes his head and pulls out his phone.

" hey matt?" I ask him. Putting a tablet into the dish washer and closing it to do its job.

" yeah." He replies.

" do you think they like me." I ask, he looks at me in disbelief and then pulls me in for a hug.

" yes of course they do, my mom said to me ' well done matt, shes the sweetest girl.'." He explains and im so happy i just kiss him. I just press my lips to his and all my worries are gone. Its just us.

" this time next year." He tells me and im so happy i kiss him again. He wants me to be here next week.

" happy thanksgiving baby!" I say.

" happy thanksgiving, my love." He replies. Ending the night perfectly. Next year!