Enemies to lovers :)

Im driving down the small estate when i see a for sale sign on my front lawn and a tall brunette man stood at the door, his wrist with  the nicest watch on and his hair blows with the wind. His suit trousers and shirt suggest he's not from around here.

" what the fuck." I say to myself, pulling my car into the driveway to get a better look but he's walking across the front of the house to look in the windows. "Uh oh mommy swore" Teddy squeals in the back seat, i smile and shake my head and he waggles his little finger at me. "Give mommy 2 seconds" i smile and pat his head.

" Hey, asshole this is my house. What are you doing here?" I ask, i walk across the lawn to him and when he spins im almost knocked off my feet when i see who it is. Matt Sturniolo. The fucking asshole who broke my heart when we were young.

" Emery, it's you?" He says, his arms open for a hug but i push at his chest. " why is there a for sale sign out front?" I ask. " well it's for sale obviously." He says, his expression blank.

" No its not. I live here." I roll my eyes, pointing to my son in the car. "Thats your son?" He asks, i just nod. I rip the sign out the floor and hand it back to matt. " your parents let me pay rent to stay here so i live here, take your sign and fuck off." I say, i grab teddy and walk him into the house. Once im inside my chest is beating so hard im surprised im still breathing.

" mommy who was that man." Teddy asks. " No one baby." I say and take his shoes off and he runs to play with his toys. Not even 5 minutes later i hear a knocking on the door, matt i presume. I look through the peep hole and matts staring right back at me. " Leave matt." I shout.

" its not smart for my parents to not sell this place, there losing money, im trying to look out for them." He explains. I swing the door open and fill the space so he cant try to walk past me.

" i want to stay here to raise my son, the city isn't the place for a little kid." I say. He nods as if he has any clue.

" why dont you buy the house?" He suggests. " give me the money and i will." I roll my eyes and he sucks on his teeth, the sound irritates me as it did all those years ago.

" im still selling this house." He says, when i dont reply straight away he walks off, putting the for sale sign back on his way out. " ASSHOLE!" I yell, teddy gasps and i shake my head. I slam the door and head for the kitchen to make sandwiches for the beach.

We sit on a towel together and i nibble on the sandwich and teddy's eating carrot sticks. " mommy can i go in water." He asks, i nod and tell him to stay in the shallow bit. I watch as he crawls in the water i much on some left over carrot.

I see someone walking towards us which is weird because this corner of the beach is usually empty, sans the odd dog walker collecting a ball a dog hasn't bothered to fetch. It's a tall man with black shorts on and no t shirt, a gold chain hanging around his neck.

I know it's matt, i dont need to see his eyes, the cocky smirk gives it away straight away. He pushes the mop on his head out of his face with his sunglasses and his eyes stare straight at me.

" its lovely down here." He smiles with his hands on his hips, i want to hate him but looking up at him i cant get how bad i want him out my head. He flashes a smile over to teddy who obviously comes running over.

" Do you want to swim?" Teddy ask and matt smiles and lifts his t shirt from the neck. His skin glistening gold in the sun. " come on Mommy!" Teddy yells as they splash around in the water. " yeah come on Emery." Matt calls and him saying my name makes my stomach flip, like it did all those years ago.

I walk to the water and teddy is splashing around while matts long body lays on the surface of the water. I walk in to my waist and splash around with Teddy.

After half an hour i tell teddy its home time. " Mr Matt are you coming for dinner, mommys making burgers?" He asks and i cringe. " nope, sorry baby, Matts busy." I say. " no im not, my day just cleared up." He says. " did it really?" Teddy asks, matt just nods and i smile.

" 6.30 dont be a no show. I know you like that." I say to him while teddy trails off in his towel. " it's a date." He says. " No. No its not." I roll my eyes and walk off.

This is going to be a great dinner...