Ski trip (3) (sorry its long!!!!)

My parents are trying to convince us to go to the slopes again to ski. But my legs are burning and i dont want to. " ill pass. Another day." I say. They nod and Chris and Nick follow them. Nathan, justin and matt are already out there. Once i hear the car pull out of the driveway i turn back to the tv.

The ugly truth. Gerald butler has just knocked on katherine heigl's door but Eric winter opens it. "NO." I sigh and i hear someone laughing behind me. " you know they end up together?" He quips and opens a cupboard and grabs himself a bowl for his cereal.

" why aren't you skiing?" I ask my heart only just returning back to a normal beat. " because im here, making breakfast." He says. I roll my eyes and just block him out. But he has to piss me off so he plops down on the sofa next to me.

" this movie is so predictable." He scoffs when they kiss in the hot air balloon. " shh." I say and swat his arm. He laughs and turns to the tv and remains silent.

Once the credits start to roll i slide the remote to him and get up. Its only turned 9:30 so i head to the bathroom and jump in the shower. The hot water relaxes my muscles and my head feels lighter as i massage the shampoo into my scalp.

I wrap a towel around myself and head to my room to get dressed then just decide to put on my furry leggings and one of my comfy shirts, its white and has a little nike logo on the top. I dont know where its from but i love it.

I slide on my slippers and blow dry my hair. I walk out to read and i see Matt sprawled on the sofa, his hair floppy on his forehead. I used to love sweeping my lips over his forehead. I shake the memory from my brain and sit on an armchair. I put on my headphones and get lost in the fantasy of Liz buxbaum and Wes Bennett.

An hour later im so far into the book nothing could make me put it down. " y/n." Matt yells, i push one side of my headphones down. " what? There confessing their loveee matt." I sigh. " im getting subs for lunch, want one?" He asks. " ooh yes please." I say.

" your usual?" He asks. " yep please, thank you." I say and smile to myself. " okay babe." He says and stutters once he's realised what he's said. " y/n." He starts. " matt its okay, now go, im hungry." I joke and he laughs. After he's slammed the door shut i cant help but feel bad for him. He hurt you! Stop feeling bad!

He walks back in with my sub and he passes me a soda. I thank him and take a huge bite of my sub. I finish the last chapter of my book and its amazing! I could even say life changing.

Matt is scrolling on his phone and my eyes wander to the outside. The tv turns off first and then the lodge turns dark. Theres still a little light throughout the house from the outside.

" what the fuck." I say. He raises one brow. " i guess we just have to let it come back on." He says. I deflate and gulp down the rest of my soda.

" wanna play a game?" I ask. " okayyy." He replies, skeptical. " Monopoly " I say, he rolls his eyes and i swear to god i see a smirk on his lips.

" you hate this game?" He asks. " no, i hate when you cheat, but im beating your ass." I smile and set it up on the table. I set everything up and grab a bottle of water. We start and im already being beaten. " you'll be bankrupt in the next 2 rounds." He brags and i roll my eyes. I dont know how im so bad at this game. Its easy!

" i dont want to play anymore." I protest but he waggles his finger in my face. " nope, you just dont want to lose." He smirks and i just decide to stick it out.

" you lose." He gloats and i just stick my middle finger up. He laughs and i roll my eyes. He packs it away and we sit in silence, the power came back on about 30 minuets ago. Im say staring at my battleship tray. "Hmm, 5C." I say.

" miss." He replies, i roll my eyes and put a white pin in the hole. The door creaks open and my head immediately turns to see everyone piling through the front door.

" hey guys, whys it so dark?" My mom asks, shrugging her jacket off. " oh the power went out but its back on i think. 8F." He says. Fuck.

" hit." I accept defeat and he pumps his fist in the air. " 6F." I reply. " hit." He rolls his eyes. Everyone is just stood at the door watching us in awe and i dont realise until i get what they're looking at. Me and matt getting along.

" im bored now." I say. Matt frowns and i snap my tray closed. I take my book and head off to my room. I plop onto my bed and stare at the ceiling. Me and matt. Today just reminded me of how much i like him. I groan and roll over.

I take my pizza to my room and watch tv. People are getting in the hot tub but i see matt sat there smiling. Ill go in after everyones asleep.

I hear my mums door click shut so i get changed into my bikini. I wrap a towel around me and walk as quietly to the hot tub as i can.

I look up to see matt sat there, his face straight and his hair wet. I close the door and awkwardly stand there. " I'll go." He breathes. " you dont have to, we can be grown up." I say. He nods and i sit across from him. My cold skin instantly warming up. I tap the top of the water and soon stop when i realise matts staring right at me.

" i enjoyed today you know." He says. I just nod. " me too." I agree, running my hands over the hot water. He smiles to himself and i cant help but smile.

" im sorry for what i said last winter. I am, i didn't meant any of it." He says, he's now sat up straight and looking directly at me. " what that im a child incapable of love." I repeat, his own words cringe him out and he looks sorry.

" y/n, i said it because i was scared. Not that that is an excuse it's not but believe me im so in-love with you! I didn't mean a single stupid thing i said. I am sorry." He confesses. Water drips down his face and my hands still.

" you think i wasnt scared?" I blurt out, his face turns soft. " it was scary, i was so in-love with you." He says. The way he's talking in past tense makes my body shiver. " well still am." He laughs to himself. His face is blue under the lights and i dont know what takes over me but im crossing the tub and pulling his face into mine.

His lips kiss mine and he wraps an arm around my waist. I place both my hands on his cold cheeks and he shivers but kisses me back. I run my fingers through his hair and he smiles against my lips.

"I love you." I say, resting my cheek against his. He smiles and pulls me onto his lap, his hands on both my cheeks. " i love you." He repeats and i smile.

After sitting with my head on his shoulder i get tired and pull away. " im tired matt." I say. He nods and gets out the hot tub, he waits at the steps and wraps my towel around my body and puts his on my shoulder. We cross the house to our rooms.

" goodnight." I say, his hand still on my waist. " goodnight." He says and kisses my lips. I smile and give him another peck. He pecks my cheeks and i smile.

" mmhm, i love you." I say. He nods and walks into his room. After his door clicks shut i turn on my heels to mine. " fuck it." I whisper to myself and turn back and storm into his room. I hug him and wrap my arms around him. Oh my god! Im so in love with him.