Childhood friends to lovers :(

Me and matt have never dated, we have been friends for over 12 years and after i moved away we just grew stronger, id never tell him i felt so strong about him, it would ruin what we had. I went to see them in Boston whenever it was a holiday, and he came to see me at halloween, every year without fail. And this year was no different, he's visiting for halloween this year and were gonna dress up and go to a party.

I wake up and hear my mom shouting me down the stairs with such an urgency. " Honey, matts here!" She shouts and i jump out of bed, i rush my teeth because i have only just woken up.

" HONEY." My mom shouts and i spit out the toothpaste and wash out my mouth. " coming." I say and rush down to see matt stood in the doorway with his suitcase at the door and his jacket draped over the couch.

" Hey, i missed you." I say and hug him. He smiles and i grab his suitcase and lead him to the spare room, witch is more like his. Only he's ever slept in it. " its so good to be back." He sighs and flops onto his bed.

" im so exited for tonight party." I squeal and open the closet door to show him his costume. " were gonna dress up as spongebob and im gonna be Patrick." I say and he raises his brows and rolls his head back.

" ill look so stupid." He accuses me and i shake my head. " everyones so exited to see you, there so bummed Chris and Nick couldn't make it." I reassure him and he smiles.

"Okay ill get changed and we can go out or something." I nod and he starts to unpack his bag. I get dressed and my mind leads me back to when we were seven.

11 years ago.

" come on y/n i want the good candy." Chris shouted and i smile and grab our pumpkin buckets. " here, lets go!" I say and me and matt walk behind Nick and Chris.

We head down the street and the first doors have decorations all over it and when we knock on the door the woman opens the door with a big grin. " you all look amazing, take what you want." She says and we all add it to our buckets and head off down the streets.

When we get to the 20th house our buckets are almost full and the last house looks pretty scary and i walk a little closer to matt and he wraps his arms around my shoulder.

" its okay, its all fake." Matt whispered and i nodded and when we rung the doorbell the skeleton jumped next to the doorway and i jumped back and dropped my candy on the floor.

" here, ill help, i got you a snickers, ill have the plain one." Matt says and i grin and put the chocolate in my bucket. " alright kids, lets go." My mom shouted and i held her hand and matt held her other hand and when we got back my mom put on halloween cartoons on for all us.

Now.

" you ready, i really wanna go to the arcade. Ive missed it so much." Matt asks and i nod and grab my keys from the nightstand and we drive to the arcade and he spends and hour playing the basketball throw.

We play a two player driving game and i win the first round but matt shake his head and demands a second round. " lets go!" He says and celebrates in my face.

" lets get burgers, the party is in about 3 hours." I say and he nods, i get a cheese burger and he gets the same, for old times sake.

" please tell me were not gonna be at this party all night," he asks and i shake my head. " hell no, ill be about done at like 10." I say and he smiles.

" just a perfect amount of time for halloween cartoons, for old time sakes." He smiles and i nod. " of course." I say.

**a little time later**

When i see matt i burst out laughing. " you did me dirty." He accuses me and i laugh. He's in brown shorts and a yellow long sleeved shirt, with his white shirt on and a red tie.

Im wearing a skin tight pink suit and a skirt that is the pattern of Patricks shorts, i add white platform shoes and were out the door.  Everyone greets matt when he gets in and we get sodas, there is music playing and some games but we mainly talk since its been months since we've seen each other.

I start to dance in the middle of the lounge with matt when i see him staring in my eyes and i see that a massive group of people have started dancing so i hold onto his waist a little more, he follows and my heart feels as if its jumped to my throat.

" im gonna go to the bathroom, can you guard the door." I ask and he nods. He stands outside because the amount of parties I've been to and had someone walk in because there are no locks is crazy. " thank you, do you wanna head out." I ask and he nods, i drive us home and we both get changed and i make us hot chocolates and we put on the same yearly childhood cartoons we've watched since forever.

" its cold." He says, his hands gripping the mug. " here, sit under here with me." I say and wrap this around him, i rest my head on his shoulder and he kisses my head, i freeze on the spot and tense up. " sorry." He whispers.

" its okay." I whisper back and his sighs. " i need to say this, please just let me finish." He starts and i nod my head.

" every year i come for halloween and every year i feel closer to you, i love you. I mean friends for 12 years, i never said anything because i thought we would just be friends for ever and you would never like me like that." He stumbles and i smile, witch causes him to blush.

"Matt-." I start and he interrupts me. " have i ruined anything, forget it." He says and i smile and kiss him. " i thought you would never like me." I say and he shakes his head and cradles my head in his hands.

" i really like you." I say and he kisses me and after he's done with me he holds me in the blanket. " thank you matt." I whisper and he kisses my head.

I fall asleep and he carries me to my bed and pulls the covers over me, i smile and he kisses my hair. " lets talk tomorrow." He whispers and i nod then turn over. I couldn't believe it, matt wanted me. I mean me out of all people.