Chapter 138

sunday morning

shoto's eyes slowly creaked open. the first few lifts were black and blurry, but the more he blinked, the more he adjusted. his eyes looked at the bright white ceiling in front of him, as well as the bright lighting that came with it.

"where..." his throat was dry, and he immediately started coughing.

"todoroki!"

izuku came into his sight, making shoto's eyes widen. "midoriya?" his friend was looking stressed. he had semi-dark circles under his eyes, as well as slightly disheveled hair. it also looked like he had been crying.

"let me help you up." he ignored his name and gently grabbed shoto's arm. with his help, shoto was able to sit up, but not without pain shooting everywhere throughout his body.

"the hospital..?" he looked around the white room that had monochrome-colored furniture and equipment. but when he looked off the path that izuku came from, he saw another figure laying on their back with their feet still to the floor. he knew who it was immediately as izuku handed him a cup of water. "b-bakugo?"

with his ankle on his knee, the blond moved his head to the side, away from a magazine. his blond hair stood out greatly against the wall walls as he stared at him with his usual glare and usual bright, red eyes. "you're finally up you idiot." he say up and placed the magazine down.

"you guys.. stood here for me?" shoto looked at izuku who was staring at him in worry while katsuki came up to his bed.

"we were told you had the highest possibility of waking up first, so we've been here since eight in the morning." izuku explained.

"what time is it?"

katsuki looked back at the clock. "eleven." his face was unreadable, but he was more put together than izuku.

"oh.." shoto looked at his legs that were covered by the blanket on his bed. "well thank you."

"um.. we were told your bullet wound should heal just fine, and that that was your only major injury." izuku said wearily, not sure if shoto even wanted to touch up on the subject. "you passed out on the way to the hospital."

that's right. he had just went through pure hell.

"what happened?" shoto rubbed his head. "the aftermath, i mean."

"it's all over the news." katsuki said. "about speedy's dad.. and the entire thing."

"yeah." izuku nodded with a worried look. "about emiko's debut as a villain, the low amount of survivors... really the entire thing. it's pretty much taken over the entire media right now. it's all everyone's talking about. it's crazy that all of that happened out of nowhere.."

"deku." katsuki side eyed him with a 'not the time' look and shook his head rapidly.

"right.. sorry todoroki.." he rubbed his head.

"it's okay." he waved it off. it had only been a day- not even 24 hours, and everything was already spreading like wildfire. not surprising though. "what are people saying about it?" to that, izuku grabbed the remote that was sitting on the side table and pointed it at the black tv screen. it turned on, the channel already set on the news where reporters were sitting at desks and standing outside.

"unfortunate events took place yesterday in musutafu. with the announcement of successful scientist: satoshi rai announcing his engagement to uprising hero: daxia, things took a turn at their wedding, and shocking news was revealed that daxia is actually a villain! goes by the name: dexima.