Chapter 1

10 YEARS LATER

"Sir we have the list of the hostesses, and ushers for tomorrow's event."

Damien looked up at his secretary, and giving her a warm smile he listened to her belt out schedules, while he stretched his arms out collecting a file from her.

Dropping the files on the table, as he was going to go through it later, he cleared his throat and then said dismissively, "I think that would be all for now, Nina."

"Okay sir, and lest I forget, Ma'am Katherine said she was going to stop by your office later. She called to inform me."

Sighing, Damien let out a fake smile and waved his hands.

He wasn't expecting Katherine anytime soon, as he had spent the last weekend with her.

She was his girlfriend, on and off girlfriend rather, and now they might soon be engaged.

It was her father's choice not his, and Damien was even thinking about it in order to foster a deal with her billionaire father, and whereas she loved him, Damien couldn't say the same for himself, as he had only ever loved one woman all his life.

Discarding his thoughts, not wanting his pasts thoughts to overshadow him like they usually did, Damien said to his secretary, "I'll be here waiting for her, once she comes. You can leave now."

Nodding her head politely, Damien watched as the pretty redhead walked out of his office, and immediately she closed the door he stood up and walked to the wine bar in his office, and took out a drink.

Pouring some wine in his glass cup, he took a large sip as he walked outside the balcony of his office.

The cool breeze fanning him, his well gelled hair already scattering Damien's mind wandered away back to the past albeit immediately.

'There's no way you would make it in this town young boy. Unless you stay away from my daughter, and even if you do I promise to make life unbearable for you.'

Mr Connor...

He smiled briefly as he remembered the man, who had propelled him to where he was today.

The man who had hardened his heart, made him so cold and striving for success and the man whom he had gotten his motivation from.

He still couldn't believe how far he had come.

He was now one of New York's most eligible bachelor, billionaire playboy and one of the top richest men in the world.

The CEO of DD Incorporation, enterprise, real estate mogul and oil tycoon, Damien had quite the reputation for himself.

Amidst the scandals, the hustle bustle of business, and the fact that he commanded so much respect in the business world, Damien could never forget his haunting past, and what he had gone through in the hands of that old man.

And he was going to make him pay!

No he was already making the whole family pay, Damien smiled as the investigations were already underway.

He was going to burn the Connor's to earth, and he was going to make sure they paid for every damn thing they made him and his mother go through.

He would make them pay, he would get his answers and maybe just maybe he could have peace for a moment in his life.

Smiling Damien walked back inside his office, and dropping the wine glass, he picked up a cigarette from his ash tray and lighting it up, he puffed on the heady scent as he picked up files in the office and started flipping through.