Chapter 31

KATHERINE

The incident at her father's office had taken place hours ago, but as Katherine slowly brushed her hair in front of her dressing table, her chest bubbled with rage.

Needless to say, she had been extremely excited and grateful when her father brought up the talk about her and Damien getting married. To be honest, it had been at the back of her mind the whole time, and at one point she wondered if Damien even thought about getting married and settling down with her at all.

She had been dropping subtle hints to him for months, and once she even told him about her father's wishes of her getting married quickly but if she could recall vividly he gave no positive reaction to any of her talks.

Even when she mentioned matter of factly that her father would hand over his company to whomever she got married to, it had not moved him at all and back then she had wondered if the hints were way too subtle and flat, or if he just chose to ignore them but now... She was convinced that there was more to his neutral behavior that meets the eyes.

They had been together for quite some time and never for once did he hint at marriage, even though she so much wanted that.

Which was why she had been so happy to hear her father say they were discussing marriage and a wedding, and her hopes had soared to the high heavens.

It was about time as well, and the fact that her father was present made her even more comfortable.

Now he had to make his intentions clear, but to Katherine's greatest surprise Damien had brushed her and her father off.

She had wanted to say more but she knew her father would not appreciate her causing a scene in his office, or even anywhere near his company... So she held her peace, boiling inside as she listened to them discuss business at length.

When they finally concluded, Damien greeted her father and then he was off, without as much as a glance at her!

Ridden with shock, Katherine watched his retreating figure, but as if a switch had clicked inside her she ran after him.

After she had screamed her head off at him, asking why he was being so brutish to her, he was still so unapologetic, looking like he didn't care, and it hurt so much.

He just didn't care about anything at all. The fact that he had hurtfully brushed off the marriage talk, and literally acted like she didn't exist was nothing to him and as she watched him drive away from the company, she had stood, anger building up within her.

What was happening to him? What was happening to them?

She couldn't understand Damien again at all, and he was acting so weird lately!

Was he getting tired of her already? Things had been just fine, so what the hell was going on?

She paused in the middle of brushing her hair, thinking and thinking until finally it all started to piece itself together, "That fucking bitch!" She muttered under her breath.

There was no other suitable explanation to Damien's surly behavior, than the fact that it was became of that bitch! It was her! It was all because of her.

Since that bloody waitress had somehow materialized into their lives, Damien had begun to act so different towards her.

Days following that event, he started to show her signs by not giving her any attention, and also snapping back at her so easily whenever they argued.

Now that she noticed, she also noted that he stopped complimenting her like he used to! It was like... he was only tolerating her, just managing her presence and it was all because of this Madison girl.