Chapter 68

This chapter is dedicated to RiyaTaleja, a new reader, and other new readers that loved my story. Y'all motivate me to write more, and your votes and comments keep me going. 😊 Once again thank y'all so much. ❤️

.......

Today, Madison woke up earlier than she usually did, so she had about about two hours to clean, make breakfast and probably dinner as she would be coming back a little late, clean her room and then prepare for work.

She felt so much better today than she usually did.

The past few days had been somewhat therapeutic for her, and she liked it so much.

Shopping with Gina had been a major incident that had brought her happiness, and just yesterday, Mrs Sterling and her other neighbors had invited her over.

She had spent nearly the entire day with them, talking and playing with the kids, and when night dawned and she had to leave, she had been quiet, but even then she did enjoy every moment.

Madison had decided to make out time to visit her friends in the neighborhood at least once a week, since they'd complained of not seeing her very often since she'd started working, and she knew there was truth in their statement.

She left early and came back late, unless she had the day off and on weekends, but anytime she had a day off she liked to spend it relaxing at home, not visiting or seeing them at all and yesterday had made her realize how much she did miss their company.

She didn't feel as burdened as she usually did when she was alone, with them and as they made her laugh cracking silky jokes, they had also talked about recent developments and family problems. It was a decent distraction and Madison was only too happy about it.

Smiling lightly to herself, she stood from her bed and dressing it, she then walked into the kitchen to decide what to make for breakfast.

After a few minutes of looking through cupboards, she decided to have some oatmeal, and fruits. If she wasn't tired after work she would boil some pasta which she could have with her leftover tomato sauce, and satisfied with her food menu for the day, she moved back to the bedroom to pick out the clothes she would wear today.

It didn't take too long as she didn't really like to stress about what to wear to work, and after that also, she cleaned her room, then the kitchen, and then proceeded to take a shower.

When she was done and had dressed up already, she prepared the oatmeal and just as she was about digging into it her phone suddenly began to ring.

She put down the cereal bowl, wiping her lips and then picking her phone from the floor, she greeted cheerfully a smile on her face as the call connected through, "Hey, Alvarez..."

It had been a while since she heard from him so it was a pleasant surprise.

"I'm so glad you called. How have you been?"

"I'm great, I guess. Managing as usual. What about you? How's the new job going?"

Madison began with a chuckle, "The job is no longer new, but then it's going pretty well, actually. I got my first paycheck a few days ago so I'm more than pumped." She finished eager to give him all the details.

Alvarez congratulated her briefly, making her a little surprised. Usually he would ask her to give him all the details, but this time he just brushed over it briefly and just as she was about to question him about this to make sure he was okay, he spoke up first.

"Madison, did anything unusual happen yesterday?" He asked, his voice a little high pitched.

Madison frowned, "Unusual? What do you mean unusual?" She asked, still confused as to what he was talking about.