Chapter 92

Madison gripped her purse slightly, as she alighted from the cab that had just dropped her a few miles away from her house.

Due to the swampy state of the environment where she lived in, taxis never took her straight home, instead they stopped at a safe distance by the road and then she would continue the rest of the journey on foot.

A warm smile on her lips, her hands outstretched as she handed a paper money note to the driver, Madison watched the vehicle drive away slowly and straightening still she whirled around and began to walk home.

Her head currently swamped with so much thoughts already, Madison decided that as soon as she got home, she would have some rest before finalizing the preparations for her journey.

A yawn escaping her lips, and a hand going to her forehead to rub gently, Madison stared straight ahead, continuing to walk briskly straight to her house.

As she walked past, she offered greetings to neighbors and kids alike, waving at them happily, all the while feeling a bit nostalgic that she would be leaving them soon.

It was for the best though, and for her safety too.

There was no way she could still live freely in London after everything that'd just happened, and after Damien's reappearance again.

She might have forgiven him, and even though she could barely forget what happened, Madison knew that she just had to get on with her life, and create a new path for herself.

A new identity, a new country, a new life... What more could she ask for? She wondered as she whistled slowly.

Looking up from the ground, Madison noticed that she was close to her house, and the small compound building she shared with her neighbors, but then she froze when she saw the mini commotion taking place just right in front of her door.

She squinted, her hands covering her head as she tried to see if she could get a clear glimpse of what was happening, but she couldn't see clear.

However  one thing was obvious. There was a small crowd just in front of her home, and she was more than curious as to what was happening.

Increasing her pace, her hand gripping her purse still, Madison brushed a hand over her hair, smoothing the disheveled strands out as she walked.

She tried thinking, wanting to have any idea as to what could be the cause of the commotion and the crowd but nothing came to her mind, and she was more than clueless.

The fact that her neighbors were gathered around and chatting happily showed for a fact that nothing dangerous or eerie had occurred, and it gave Madison a little bit of relief.

Coupled with all that had been happening the past few days, she wouldn't be able to bear it if...

"Here she is. She's back already." One of the neighbors, a ginger haired woman who had a small baby by her side, squealed the instant she spotted Madison, and soon all eyes were on her.

"Welcome Maddie." The chattering ladies greeted in unison, as she came nearer.

An uncomfortable smile on her face, Madison opened her lips ready to ask the question that had been bugging her ever since, but she stopped when she saw something shocking, and her purse nearly dropped from her hands.

The smiling neighbors gathered around parted, and standing at her door, a smile on her almost wrinkled face was Mrs Connor.

"Mother?" Madison called out softly, and when her mother nodded, she said again this time with a happy squeal, "Mother!"

Without even wasting any more time, the strange thoughts in her head falling away, and with a yelp Madison ran to embrace her mother, quickly molding herself into the comfortable flappy arms splayed out for her.