Chapter 126

|THIS IS NOT THE END|

CUE - Plays First Aid Kit's - 29 palms highway. (I added the video link and it somehow matches the theme of this beautiful chapter so y'all can listen, and also tell me what you think.)

"Are we there yet?" Madison queried, her hands flailing about in the air as Damien kept leading her to somewhere unknown, his hands covering her eyes

"Almost..." He chuckled heavily, and she just groaned lightly.

She hated this suspense, and whatever it was, he wanted to show her it had better be worth it cause she was running out of patience.

Discarding the worrying thoughts out of her head, Madison instead decided to use her sense of hearing to grasp the knowledge of where she was at the moment since she could barely see a thing.

The light sand, which buried her feet now and then as they walked, signified that they were either at the beach or some park.

It was the beach! She could hear the soft billowing sounds of water waves from afar, and with the cool evening breeze blowing past, carrying with it the scent of murky dust, she knew her assumption was right.

But which one in particular? She wondered, and again why had Damien brought her to the beach of all places?

Her curiosity soon died down when she heard him ask, with a whisper in her ear. "We're here. Are you ready to see your surprise?"

They'd stopped walking, and breath hitching, as words suddenly stuck in her throat, she bobbed her head frantically, her lips stretching in a quirky smile.

"Say something, Maddie."

"I just nodded, Damien." She huffed and added, "That should mean yes, and I know you know."

Chuckling heavily, he placed a kiss on the base of her neck, and then he gently removed his hands from her eyes.

"Here you go...." He trailed off, blinking, and as she tried to clear her eyes, Madison's jaw dropped open when she saw the sight before her.

Roses... so many of them, were scattered on the floor. There was also a long trail of lines of bulb lamps on the floor, and it shone brightly, illuminating the scene in front of her.

What was happening? She opened her mouth to ask, but before she could say a word, something caught her eye, and she froze.

There was a bench just a few feet away from where they stood, and recognition slammed through her heavily.

That bench... they'd stayed in that bench when they were still so young, and every evening they'd met at the beach, their safe spot for talking and relaxing; they sat there.

"Wait... I..." Madison stuttered, her jaw dropping open as she turned around to stare at Damien, who had a smug smile.

The cool breeze blew past his hair, ruffling the strands, and Madison's chest squeezed at the sight of him, all handsome, manly and looking at her with all the love in the world.