Chapter 113

As Madison's lips merged with Damien's, stray tears flowed down her cheeks, but she didn't stop kissing him.

Hell, she couldn't stop! She'd been waiting her whole life for this moment.

They'd kissed a few days back... She'd felt his lips on hers when they'd let their carnal instincts take over during their angry spat and the argument that had brewed but remained unconnected that day...

Today's kiss was unique.

It was unique, and she enjoyed it. She yearned for it. She cherished it and had even started it.

Madison could only sigh in pleasure and happiness as Damien wrapped his bandaged hands around her softly, his grip tightening as the kiss deepened.

Damn! He made her complete. He filled her. She was one and whole with him.

Just like when they'd been young, carefree, and just in love, this moment felt like it, and she didn't want it to end.

With all the weight and burden from her shoulders lifting, her body relaxed into him. Her soul sang along with his, and she gave a soft, muffled sigh.

She felt him run his tongue over hers, and before she could reciprocate, he pulled away from the kiss, leaving her lingering, eyes opening and pleading for more.

"Oh, Maddie... my Maddie." He whispered, his forehead touching hers as he lifted his right palm, brushing a stray tear away from her cheeks.

"Stop crying. It hurts right here...." He trailed, taking her right hand and placing it on his chest before continuing, "My heart hurts. That place hurts so badly whenever you cry. I can't bear it."

"I... I can't stop and...." She broke off with a whimper, tears spilling down her face as she cried heavily.

Why couldn't she just put a damn leash on herself? She was so fragile, quick to hurt, ever so sensitive, and she hated it so much.

"Please, Maddie. Please... I'm fine now, okay? Just stop crying and tell me how you're doing. Has the doctor attended to you too, and hope you don't..."

"I'm fine, Damien." She interjected curtly, her lips quivering as she tried to gather herself together.

She pulled back from him, creating space between them, and she wiped her face clean with the back of her palm.

Her head bowed as she tried to begin her speech; she looked back up at him after some seconds of terse silence, and then she said, "I'm so sorry, Damien. So sorry for not giving you a chance. So sorry for being so harsh and refusing to listen to anything you wanted to say. I'm sorry for saying I would never forgive you, and I'm sorry for trying to leave too..."

"No! No!" Damien growled, making her pause in confusion as she gazed intently at him.

Her brows furrowed, and she asked, "Why? What? I... I need to apologize to you. I... I caused this. I mean, if I'd given you a chance, maybe I would not have been kidnapped, and you wouldn't have to get yourself in this life-threatening situation. It was because of me and... and...." She trailed off again for the umpteenth time, "Every night while you breathed with that oxygen mask, your eyes shut tight, and your body still, I kept praying to God to please grant you a chance. I mean... I... fuck! I would never have gotten myself if you'd just gone without me forgiving you. Suppose I'd carried that guilt with me while you laid six feet under, damn Damien! I just..."

"It's okay, Madison."

"No, I have to continue. I have to say this to free myself from this guilt."

"Madison..." Damien trailed off, but she didn't stop talking, and with a defiant tone, sniffing as more tears threatened to fall down her cheeks, she said out loud, "I've forgiven you, Damien, and I hold no grudge against you."