Chapter 43

Damien was irritatedly angry for a lot of reasons - One of them was the fact that Madison might have been pregnant, but still she broke up with him. He couldn't even begin to fathom why she would keep something like that from him.

Another reason why Damien was angry was another torturing thought that haunted him.

The uncertain thought that the baby might not be his had his chest squeezing in pain.

The thought first surfaced when his mother had asked about Madison two days ago when he had a hangover, and at first he had only been annoyed, but as his mother kept on mentioning her name, he couldn't help but feel angry.

He wasn't even sure why he was so angry.

Was it because she had kept the news about the baby from him? Or the thought that there was a chance that she had cheated on him?

Not even a chance, she had blatantly told him to his face. Right before they had broken up, he had caught her with the other guy so many times and she looked... Fuck! He was so angry... angry with Madison.

He hated not knowing about anything, he needed someone to blame, somewhere to direct his anger to, and Madison was the only reasonable explanation for this.

He hated the fact that she had carried a baby without him knowing.

Now as he sat in his office, he realized that he was only jumping into conclusions and letting his emotions get the better of him.

These things could still be rumors, and he had no solid reason to believe that. There was no need to think on rumors then build on them, until they began to eat him up. He was basing all his thoughts on what he had heard, and the recordings from those neighbors who probably had no idea what might have really happened.

They were just gossips and rumors for goodness sake, and he kept trying to have some kind of hope.

Once again, anger coursed through him.

This anger which was directed to Madison, as she was the cause of all the drama that had occurred these past few weeks.

Once again, just like the past he was repeating the same mistake again. He was judging without hearing her own side of the story, or digging deep.

Sighing deeply, he shook his head, raking his hands through his hair. He let his mind roam for a while, and when something struck in his head, he deliberated upon it and then he made up his mind.

Picking up the office phone, he dialed his secretary.

Minutes later without wasting any time, she soon came in, and looking up, he blurted out, "I'll need you to book me a flight to London. Check the available dates and time for flights and forward them to me. I'll decide what day, I want my flight booked."

"From the local airport?" She questioned and Damien nodded saying, "Yes, I wont be taking my private jet. Get the dates and inform me as soon as possible."

"Right away, sir." She nodded and then with a bow, she was gone.

Damien inhaled deeply.

This was something he had to do, and he was not turning back.

With the way he was raging internally, he knew he would only relax and be at ease when he knew the full story.

Talking to Madison was the only way to find out, and that was what he was going to do, irrespective of the fact that she might not want to talk to him.

Nevertheless, he needed to clear things up, separate the rumors from reality and know what to act upon. He needed answers to all the questions that were packed up in his head, and most importantly yet again he needed to know... if she really had been pregnant.