Chapter 100

'Is it true that Madison Connor, is the woman you publicly humiliated some months back in New York?'

'Is Madison Connor really your long lost childhood sweetheart?'

'Is it true that you placed the 10 million dollar bounty on her head?'

'What do you feel about this whole abduction? Do you feel like it's connected to you and...'

The second Damien stepped out of the hotel to welcome the chief detective in charge of Madison's case, he was swarmed by flocks of journalist and reporters who were eager to get him to say something.

Something they would feed the hungry media, and words they could twist to their own narrative. But Damien would be damned if he said a thing.

As he walked, his guards and the officers with him tried to deflect the advances of the hungry journalists, and Damien himself tried his possible best not to take their questions to heart.

He was doing a good job of ignoring them, already talking to the Detective, when suddenly a reporter from nearby asked a very triggering question that had Damien freezing in his feets all of a sudden.

He turned towards the direction of the so called reporter, and his eyes blazed with fury when the lady repeated her question yet again.

'Sources say that this abduction of Madison Connor is somewhat related to the death of your father? Sources say you have it out for the Connors and that you are hellbent on...'

'Who the fuck leaked the information of his revenge plan with the Connors to the public?' Damien asked himself inwardly, his jaw gritting as he stared at the reporter who was currently pushing her microphone and camera up his face.

She saw he was giving her his attention and she seemed to be reveling in it. Not until Damien let out a curse, his hands shooting out and grabbing the fucking camera and microphone at once, he threw the device on the floor and all hell let loose.

Reporters began to scramble about, getting the message that he had been trying to pass ever since, and as they dispersed Damien could only exhale in relief.

The commotion made it easy for him to get back in the hotel, and apologizing to the detective for the uproar, he ordered the hotel manager who was standing by him to close the building.

Work was closed for the day, and every other day till Madison's case was solved.

He didn't want what happened today to repeat itself again, because honestly Lord knows he wouldn't be able to control his self.

"So as we were saying..." Damien began, the moment they got into his suite, with his guards flocking in but just before he could finish his statement, the shrill sound of his cell phone vibrating in his pocket came through and he excused himself.

Quickly bringing out the device from his pocket, Damien swiped the answer button the second he saw it was an unknown number and placed the phone on his ear.

"Hello. Who is this?" He questioned instantly, his hunches up already as he tried to figure out who this mysterious person was.

If it was anyone who could lead him to Madison, then he would be more than grateful too...

"Hello Damien." An all too familiar voice called out, and Damien's train of thought froze instantly.

It was Mason Connor, and a wave of anger and fury coursed through him. At first he felt like hanging the call up, but then he reminded himself that maybe the motherfucker had something tangible to tell him concerning this case.

He'd already prepared himself for whatever the Connors would say to him, concerning Madison's abduction, but as usual he definitely knew when to draw the line if they dared take things too far.