Chapter 57

KATHERINE

Katherine tipped the third glass of tequila to her lips, swallowing the contents of the glass cup in one gulp.

She slammed the glass down on the table again, and slid it over to the bartender for another refill and he poured the drink all to obligingly. She had promised him a good tip, so he would definitely do as she ordered.

She needed this alcohol. It would drown her frustrations away, and make her stop thinking about a certain cranky bitch getting on her nerves amongst other things.

After she had found out where Madison lived and worked, she had finally decided to go into the city to lodge in a better hotel. She couldn't keep staying in that mold looking hotel more like motel, and worse still the building reminded her so much of Madison's dilapidated house.

Try as she may, she just couldn't stop herself from feeling irritated at the dingy hotel, and so she had ordered her men to drive her into the city and now she was much more comfortable in the new hotel room.

After checking a map of the small town online, she had discovered the bar she was sitting in right now, and since it was a very popular one it hadn't been all that hard to locate.

Katherine had come to the bar because she was fed up, and furious about everything that had been going on.

She actually felt a bit better when she moved to the four star hotel later on, but then when she remembered how Damien had lashed at her during their call some hours ago everything a hundred times worse.

How dare he? She wondered as she recounted the last few events leading to that dreaded conversation between the two of them.

After she had settled in the hotel, she had immediately booked a spa session. Once that was done, she felt clean and fresh once more and so she proceeded back to her room.

The first thing she checked once she had dressed up was her phone, in hopes of the one person she wanted to call her, Damien. But just like she'd expected there was nothing from him. No calls, no texts, absolutely nothing, and her phone just stared blankly back at her.

Katherine fueled with rage at his nonchalance, as anger burbled within her. It had been so many days since their fight and yes, she was still quite mad discovering that Damien had spoken to Madison, but then she at least expected him to be remorseful by calling and acknowledging her texts.

He should have called, he should have texted, he should have sent a message somehow but he didn't! She had thought all these and more, as her fury increased in folds.

This was not the way her Damien behaved, and she still couldn't believe how he seemed to be turning out these past few days. It was alarming.

After hours of waiting on him to call, she finally decided to call, and when he picked up, she wasted no time in pouring out her fury about everything.

But then what did he reply with? He had yelled at her and commanded her to shut up, and her ears reddened in anger as she recalled it all. At first it looked like she was dreaming, and she had taken the phone out of her ear checking whom she'd called, but his name stared right back at her.

Taking another shot of the sour tequila and pulling her hair away from her face, Katherine drowned herself in her thoughts and angry dealings. The music and noise in the bar could have caught anyone's attention, and maybe distracted one from whatever worried them, but not her as she was too lost in her thoughts to notice.

Damien had yelled at her, and he had showed no interest in talking about the fact that they hadn't spoken for days. On top of it all, the moment she had opened her mouth to say something in retaliation to his hurtful words, he had hung up on her!