Chapter 115

"You must ensure you take all your drugs and eat well. A nurse will be stationed for you since you requested home service, and she'll dress your bandage every three days. Is there anything else you need, Mr Daniel?" The doctor asked for the umpteenth time that morning, and Damien shook his head before replying.

"No, not really. As long as I have Madison here with me, I can assure you that all your instructions will be adhered to. I'll take the drugs, and she will care for me very well. Thank you so much."

As he finished, he heard a chuckle bubble up from Madison's lips, and she squeezed his still-bandaged chest gently.

"Ouch... That hurts." He jokingly said, but she just continued to laugh and waved him off.

He wanted to look by his side and see the beautiful smile radiating on her face, but he couldn't. He was still talking to the doctor, and he didn't want to be distracted. He didn't want to also miss out on any vital information.

Finally, after almost a week at the hospital, he was getting discharged.

With Alvarez by his right-hand side supporting him, and Madison at his left, holding his bags and other materials, Damien was more than ready to go home.

Now they were just by the exit of the hospital building, with his family and the Connors also waiting outside for them.

Once the doctor finished talking to him, he would be on his way, and honestly, he couldn't wait to go home already.

Home, here in London.

Unbeknownst to Madison, or even his mother, he had chosen to stay here in London for the time being. He needed to heal, and he also needed to bond with Madison so much.

Even though they'd reconciled, things were still a little bit awkward between them, and he knew she was still coming to terms with seeing him every day and having him back in her life.

But it was good to know that everything was okay and she was with him. Fuck! It was better than okay. It was fantastic.

He could remember that fateful day when Katherine had shot him. As he had closed his eyes, he'd had two thoughts at the back of his mind.

One, what if he died and never got to reconcile with Madison?

Two, what if he survived, and still she refused to accept him?

The latter was worse, and before he'd closed his eyes, he'd prayed and wished earnestly for death.

He couldn't bear to be alive in this world and not in her arms, even after everything he'd gone through just trying to bring them together.

It would be pure hell and an unlikely punishment for all the times he'd made her suffer. He...

Suddenly Damien felt a tap on his left shoulder, and turning around; he came face to face with Madison, who then said, "What were you thinking about? The doctor just asked you a question."

Her voice was so soft and pillowy that, for a moment, he just wanted to get lost in them. She was staring at him blankly, eyes wide, and even then, she was still the most stunning woman he'd ever seen.

How could he tell her that he'd just been thinking about her? He'd been thinking about them and what might have happened if she'd refused him one last time.

He would have lost it. He would have...

"Ermmm... sorry, I just zoned out." Damien mumbled, clearing his throat as he started to face the doctor yet again, but not before letting his eyes roam over the rest of Madison's body yet again.