Chapter 3

Damien walked inside the event which was already underway, with Katherine by his side, their elbows intertwined together, looking like the ultimate celebrity power couple which the media portrayed them as.

They had arrived some minutes ago, and he had just finished giving his welcome speech, going up the stage as he had been called with Katherine as usual by his side, and he had welcomed the guests to the business function.

He had left for outside, wanting to get some fresh air, and Katherine obligingly had followed him too, and now they were both back inside going straight to their seat.

The crowd stilled as he entered yet again, and it felt as if he was arriving just for the first time because he could feel the stares of the guests on him as he walked in, and scanning the crowd he duly waved them as expected once again.

While he waved, at the same time he looking for the VIP seat that had been kept for him and Katherine.

The seat they had both sat on, some minutes back.

Music playing in the background from the live band that had been hired, Damien hummed softly to the popular song of Tim Jones, that was being played, all the while directing his date Katherine, to her seat.

He was about getting there, when he felt a tap from behind, and he froze.

Turning around, wanting to see who had interrupted him, Damien came face to face with an elderly couple, and looking at the man amongst them, he smiled recognizing the fellow as one of his business associates.

Mr Ramon, he could remember the man's name, and glancing at the grey haired pretty woman standing besides him, clad in expensive clothes and jewelries, Damien who was albeit amused bowed his head in respect.

"Mr Damien." The old man greeted, pulling his hands out for an handshake, one which Damien immediately partook in, removing his arms from Katherine's, and clasping the fragile veiny hands in his as he replied back, "Mr Ramon. How nice to see you today."

"Same here, same here." The elderly man said with a smile, and carrying on Damien proceeded to introduce his girlfriend, to the old man, and his wife who welcomed her with open arms.

A nearby waitress passing by, Damien signaled for the blonde haired lady's attention, and as she arrived, bearing a tray of drinks in her hand, he simultaneously collected four glasses, handing each and everyone a glass and taking a sip of his own drink, he looked up at the man again, and asked, "What brought you by? You rarely come out and..."

"Honey."

Damien stilled, as Katherine patted him, and raising his glass towards Mr Ramon, taking a slight excuse, he turned to face her slightly irritated but using his will power to mask his feelings.

He hated interruptions, of any kind, and worse still this man in front of them was one of Italy's most revered and respected business man and billionaire, but of course she had no idea.

Even if she had an idea, she wouldn't care...

Sighing gently he asked, "What is it?"

"I'm feeling pressed, I need to use the bathroom, I'll be back soon." She muttered slowly to him, and he just gave her a curt nod and turned back to resume with his discussion while she scurried away.

"I know that lady. Her father worked under me before..." Mr Ramon started to say, still looking at Katherine's retreating figure and smiling, Damien turning to look at her again before facing the old man again said, "Of course I won't be surprised if you know him. That man is a jack of all trades..." Damien added, and the old man chuckled.