Chapter 106

The vehicle she was in had stopped moving some minutes ago, and even though she could hear voices, no move was being made at all.

Shuddering in her seat, with a blindfold placed all over her face, Madison opened her lips slowly as she began to pray, albeit silently.

She knew today was the end for her, as she could already smell death, but still, she kept praying for a miracle.

"Boss, should we..."

"Get the bitch out of there." Katherine announced, and the second Madison heard this, a chill ran through her spine, and her whole body began to shake heavily.

She was more than scared, and the moment she felt two strong hands dragging her arms and pulling her body out of the car, she could only begin to tear up.

No matter how hard she tried to be strong, she couldn't.

As the men dragged her roughly on the floor, her legs carrying heavy amounts of sand, Madison could sense that she was at the beach or something akin to it.

She could also hear the rustling of water, which undoubtedly came from the ocean, and another shudder coursed through her as a heavy cool breeze swept through.

Her whole body shook violently due to how wet it was and the breeze blowing through, and she was almost freezing, but there was nothing she could do about it.

The blindfold over her face worsened her situation as her sense of reasoning and seeing was impaired.

However, in all these though, she could smell death inching closer and closer, and the second the men dropped her on the floor, Madison let out a small sigh of relief and agony.

Her shoulders dropping once more, Madison began to remember everything Katherine had told her last night.

Not just last night, though, but every single thing the woman had said to her resonated in her head like wildfire.

The more it burned, the more scared Madison became, even though she tried her best not to show it.

From trying to sell her to human traffickers - she'd overhead this from some guards stationed nearby some days ago - to trying to torture her to death, and now this, Madison already gave up, knowing there was no way out.

No one was coming to save her, and she was alone in this place with no one to turn to or beg.

Her lips upturning into a frown, Madison felt a tear stray down her cheeks, but she did not make any move to wipe it away.

Not that she could though, because her hands were tied, but then... Suddenly she was feeling some type of way.

Would it be better if Katherine killed her, and then this would be over and done with?

She would finally be at peace and out of this world.... so? This was exactly what she craved. What she wanted...

Ever since that day she'd seen Damien in New York at that party, her not-so-pretty life had taken a turn for the worse, and now she would do just about anything to escape all this.

Another tear escaped her face, and sniffing, Madison continued to think different things, her head already filled with many case scenarios.

She imagined her mother crying and mourning over her death. Then Gina, then Alvarez... These were the three most important people in her life, and it hurt her so much that she didn't see them before this.

"Remove the blindfold from the bitch!" Madison heard Katherine yell, and in no time, a man's hand was at the back of her face.

The blindfold falling apart, Madison squinted her eyes as she tried to adjust to the cool streaming sunlight flying about.