Chapter 28

Damien fixed his tie once again, checking to see if his hair was still slicked back.

Satisfied with his reflection in the mirror, he grabbed the files he would need for the meeting today, tucking them under his arm as he waited for Katherine to finish up.

Like always, her hair stylist and makeup artist took hours following her instructions until they'd dolled her up. This was why he had instructed that they come hours before.

Of course, Katherine hated being made to wake up earlier than she intended when taking a nap, but she had no choice if she truly wanted to escort him to the meeting.

It was a business lunch date with Mr Ramon, the Italian man they had met that day at the event, and Katherine insisted she would come along.

After the last time they had argued, Damien had expected her to be quite cold and distant to him, so he couldn't hide his surprise when she had been all smiles and flirty asking if she could come along.

Of course he gave in, as he couldn't refuse for no just reason.

After about ten minutes, she emerged from the inner room.

"How do I look?" She asked, smiling.

Damien gently held onto her waist, leading her to the door as he kissed her lightly on the cheek, "You look beautiful, like always. We have to go now, we can't be late."

When Katherine nodded without sulking about the fact that he had not given her more compliments, he exhaled quietly in relief. Great! He didn't want anything changing his mood before his day even started.

They got into the back seat of the car, and he ordered the driver to take them to their destination. They would have lunch in the VIP sections of one of Mr Ramon's five-star hotels.

Damien had only been there once, and the place as he remembered was an excellent taste. He humored Katherine by telling her about it when she asked, although he knew she was only trying to make small talk.

Soon they got to their destination, and walking in Damien saw that there were only a handful of people in the restaurant.

Damien sighted Mr Ramon from a distance, as the old man sat talking to his wife at one of the tables, and quickly with arms around Katherine's waist they both made their way to their table.

"Mr Ramon." Damien greeted with a smile, bowing a little to clutch the older man's hand in his.

"Mr Daniels, how good to see you." Mr Ramon smiled, "And the beautiful lady." He added when his eyes moved to Katherine.

"Mrs Ramon..." Damien greeted his wife, the grey-haired woman, and smiling pleasantly, she stretched our her hand which Damien planted a light kiss on.

After pleasantries had been exchanged, both couples sat across the table from each other, and as they carried on with their discussion the waiters served champagne, and then continued with the three course meal.

Damien began to run Mr Ramon through his ideas from the new business deal while Mrs Ramon and Katherine spoke.

All through the convo, Mr Ramon nodded in agreement to everything he said, always finishing with, "That's a nice idea, Damien. Tell me more about it." It was pleasing to say the least.

"Erm lest I forget." Mr Ramon coughed after a while, "Congratulations, I heard about your new partnership with Antonio Enterprises. You should be proud of yourself. That's more than huge." The old man smiled and Damien thanked him profusely, raising his glass to his lips.

As for Katherine she was beaming at him with pride, not that he paid her any heed.

Damien continued his discussion with Mr Ramon as the second course meal arrived.