Chapter 94

KATHERINE

The high-pitched sound of a cellphone ringing, had Katherine scrambling up from the bed in anger and muttering swear words at the same time.

The second she opened her eyes, the harsh sunlight rays beaming from the window, had her squinting her eyes and she half yelled in fury and irritation.

Just who was calling her now? Who the hell was disturbing her, this early morning? She wondered to herself, her gaze stopping on the clock nearby and she saw that it was almost 10am.

How the hell had she slept for so long? Damn it! She knew the answer to that question all to well, and even as her still blurry eyes adjusted to the light streaming in the room, she could see the littered bottle of drinks, and the scattered clothes strewn about.

Last night had been one hell of a night, and even though she could remember bits and pieces as she was now recovering from an impending hangover, Katherine knew she must have passed out so late to be waking up by this time.

She was tired too, and her body ached albeit pleasantly too.

Glancing at her bedside, just as she expected, there lay the strange one night stand guy she'd picked up from the bed, and he was still asleep, snoring with his mouth wide open.

Scrunching her face up in disgust, Katherine began to drag the heavy blanket duvet with her, as she tried to reach her phone.

"Stop dragging the sheets. Give me some she..." The man started to say, but Katherine paid no heed, and standing up with the blankets all over her body, she stared at his otherwise naked body and hissed in response.

Her cell phone rang again, vibrating in her hands and finally Katherine stared down at the device, curiosity filling her. She wanted to know the motherfucker who had... It was the leader of her gang. The men she'd hired to trail after that bitch, and instantly she remembered that today was the day Madison would be kidnapped.

"Fuck!" Katherine cursed out loud, swiping the answer button and placing the phone on her ear.

She'd completely forgotten about today. Damn, how had she?

"Hello ma'am."

"What's up? Yes, talk to me."

"We've been trying to reach you since ma'am and..."

"What is the matter? Now I've picked, what's the issue?" She snapped wittily, cutting through his speech rudely and letting out a hiss at the same time.

"I was calling about business. We're kidnapping the lady today, because she's traveling today too."

"Yes yes I remember..." Katherine mumbled, her hands going to her forehead and as she calmed herself down she finally said out an apology, "I'm sorry I didn't pick earlier. Had a stressful night, and I've been asleep."

"No problem ma. It's okay."

"Good, so as you were saying? Let's get down to business shall we? How's the plan going? Is everything in place already?"

Answering positively, Katherine listened as the man went on and on about how they've been some miles away from Madison's house for hours now, waiting for her to leave.

"She just left some minutes ago, after bading farewell to her neighbors and some other people. We have her tracked, and now our car is following hers. We're waiting for the right time to strike and then overtake."

"Good, good." Katherine replied all to eagerly, her adrenaline pumped and in her head she could already imagine how the kidnap would take place.

With a gun to the bitch's head, she would have no other choice but to follow her kidnappers, and at the thought Katherine chuckled darkly.