Chapter 85

Damien turned off the ignition of his car, unlocking the door and stepping out.

Due to the long distance from Kettlesworth to London, he had been on the road for a while, and so when he'd arrived back it was a little late in the evening already.

He had wanted to drive all the way to the real destination he had in mind and that was Madison's house.

After his conversation with Mason, he couldn't not talk to her, and as the entire conversation with Mason continued to replay in his head, Damien's heart pounded in his ears.

He was weak to the core, regretful, and even a little angry. But this time his anger was directed to himself.

He had to make everything right. He needed to see her... because now everything was clear and he had the full details of what happened now.

Everything made sense now, and he was the one at fault. His mistakes were laid up in front of him, and he didn't want to postpone seeing her any further.

But in as much as he wanted to see Madison so badly, first he had to pick up something from his hotel room and since it was just along the way, he decided to make the stop.

He walked quickly into the lobby, his feets tapping away hurriedly as he didn't want to waste any more time. He would just quickly get the item and then hurry back.

Night was already falling and he didn't have much time. As he crossed the receptionist, she waved at him, almost like she was trying to catch his attention, or talk to him about something but Damien had no time to waste and so he waved back at her dismissively, hoping she would get the memo that he was in a rush and he continued walking.

Soon, he got to his suite. Digging his hand into his jacket, he took out his key card and swiped the door open.

"Where will I?..." As he walked in, the words dying on his lips, Damien froze in his steps with his brows puckering in surprise.

Why were the lights turned on? He wondered. He was certain he had turned them off before leaving this morning. Or had he? Damien spent the next few minutes trying to remember, but his mind had been somewhere else entirely this morning so he couldn't recall a thing.

He sighed, deciding that he might have not switched it off and now he was just being paranoid and overthinking. After all, he'd had a long day, so it was understandable if his head was all jumbled.

Shaking his head, he shut the door behind and continued to walk in, only to freeze in his steps once more. A pair of jeans and a brightly colored top lay carelessly on the floor, and he frowned, suddenly looking around the suite in alarm.

As he did so, his eyes met Katherine's. She was seated on the bed in a very revealing black dress, her legs crossed as she smiled sweetly at him, and Damien's facial expression changed all to quickly.

"Hey baby. Surprise!" She squealed, laughing lightly as she grinned at him, throwing her arms wide as if motioning him to come close, but he just stood rooted at the spot, staring at her in surprise and wondering what the fuck she was doing here.

What was she doing in London? In his hotel? And how she had gotten into his room in the first place?

He could already feel irritation begin to fill his chest. With her around, his mood was bound to shift, and the last thing he needed right now was more drama.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking her over, "How come you are in London? No why are you in London?"

In response, she gave a small laugh, "What other reason would I be here love? I came here to see you of course, babe."