Chapter 4

Flashbacks, 2011... 11 years earlier

"The most beautiful thing in our hearts about young love, is the truth in our hearts that it would last forever ~ ATTICUS ~

"Would you come to the shop later today Maddie?"

Looking up at him shyly, Madison gave a small smile as she nodded gently.

Anytime he called her Maddie, she always got weak to the core, and his husky deep voice did things to her inside.

Oh, if he would just kiss her now... She wondered, biting her lips, looking up at him shyly, her eyes blinking softly trying not to meet his gaze but she failed.

They had just started dating, some weeks back and still they hadn't shared their first kiss.

Every single day though, she kept on falling deep in love with him, and the cute gestures he showered on her every time.

From taking her to little spontaneous dates in his workplace, kissing her cheeks and forehead so gently whenever they wanted to part in the juncture before she would go home, and sending her love texts late at night that made her swoon like a fool every time before sleeping, Madison just didn't want this feeling to end.

Their love was forbidden, and whenever his texts came in when she was with her parents or brothers, she made sure to keep her phone hidden sometimes switching the phone completely off.

Her brothers were still not aware of her new relationship, likewise her parents and Madison knew that once they caught wind of it, she would literally be skinned alive, but what did she care?

She was in love, and she wanted to bask in this feeling of bliss till whenever.

She never wanted this feeling to stop at all...

Rumors were already going around, and considering their different social classes, and large age difference (She was 17 and he was 22 bothering on 23 soon), she knew people were bound to talk in this little boring town of theirs and that was another main reason why Damien, had not taken her on a full proper restaurant dinner date just like she had always envisioned and imagined too.

They were keeping things secret.

It hurt her, that they had to hide so much just because they weren't the perfect pair for each other, but was anything perfect in this wicked world? She wondered.

She...

"Madison? Maddie? What are you thinking about? Why are you so silent?" Damien placing his hands on her shoulders started to shake her lightly, breaking her out from her supposed reverie.

"Oh... I must have zoned out." She said softly, looking up at him yet again, her lips stretching a little bit as she stared into his shiny deep blue eyes.

Her eyes wandering down from his face, she started to access him, as she smiled deeply this time.

He looked so handsome in his work clothes of faded jeans, and a dark polo, with the shirt doing justice to his muscles making his chest stand out, and she blushed immediately, dropping her eyes from his body and looking at her feets, her hands suddenly intertwined as she made work of them.

"Maddie, look at me." He said in that deep tone of his, and she did as he ordered, despite her eyelids blinking yet again, her gaze not steady.

Why the fuck was she feeling so shy? Why was...

"Whenever you do this thing...?"

"What thing?" She asked cutting through his speech, but he didn't answer as he said with a deep growl before dropping his lips on her hers. "... makes me want to kiss the shit out of you. Fuck it!"

"Oh Damien..." She moaned softly unashamedly, as they kissed for the first time, and lost in the moment Madison didn't want it to end.

Not at all...

.......

Present Day, 2022 (At the scene of the party)

"This dress costs 2000 fucking dollars, and that bitch just spilled red wine on it. She just ruined my dress honey, she just..."

Damien had no idea what Katherine was saying anymore, even as he patted her back slowly in a comfortable manner trying to calm her down, but his mind was not with her at all.

He was shocked and gutted to the core, staring at his worst nightmare.

Time seemed to standby, as he stared straight at the woman who had plagued his dreams insanely in the last ten years.

Her strawberry blonde curls, which hadn't changed one bit was still on her head, fanning her somewhat skinny face as they stared at each other in shock.

To say he was surprised was an understatement, as he was more than shocked as different questions ran in his head.

What was she doing here? As a waitress for that matter?

Where was the quirky princess of the Connor family, the lady who had everything she wanted at her disposal, the lady that had shattered his heart, and made him leave Birmingham without looking back twice?

Where was she?

Surely she was not this person, picking glasses, with tears streaking down her face, as she stared right back at him...

He felt like laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation.

He just couldn't believe it at all.

She looked so small, and she had changed too, that he could note as he stared at her, using the short time he had, to take a good look at her.

Her full rosebud lips that he had kissed, suckled and placed his dick cap on and... fuck it! She looked startled too as her mouth was open and tears were still streaming down her face profusely.

One and only Madison Connor, now a waitress and...

"Honey, you're not saying anything. I'm ruined, this lady has just spoilt my night honey and you're just staring at her without doing anything. People are staring, the cameras..."

At the mention of cameras, Damien snapped out of his trance, giving Madison one last glance before dragging his gaze away from her.

His look immediately turned from confusion, to one of pure disgust and hatred, as the pasts came rushing back.

The hurtful things she and her family had done to him, how she had betrayed him and...

His hands on Katherine's arms gripping tightly, he asked harshly, "What do you want her to do? You don't want to calm down love."

He was patting her back slowly, trying to speak to her endearingly all the while his gaze kept sliding back to Madison, who he could hear muttering sorry albeit slowly and picking up the shards of glasses despite how dangerous it was.

He could see some drops of blood on the floor, and at the same time the crowd was dispersing as security and help started to appear.

"She has to pay for the dress and extra damages. The dress cost a freaking 2000 dollars and..." Katherine said, hiccuping and bawling and cutting her off, Damien said in a loud voice making sure she would hear him, "You want the pathetic bitch to pay for it right?" He asked and Katherine nodded shakily.

The pathetic bitch on the floor, yes he was talking to her, and looking at her a wicked smirk on his face, as the hatred returned he uttered, "Done! Yes she would pay for it. She would pay for every single dime used in making this dress. She would pay for every thing, and if she doesn't, we'll sue!"

Katherine was happy instantly giggling, but as Damien held Madison's gaze looking back at her , he saw pain, or was it hurt flashing through her eyes.

Her lips dropped open in shock and she let out a gasp at the same time, inaudible but he could hear it.

Tears streamed down her face this time in folds. but Damien had no care in the world.

She would pay...

Her and her family, and this was just the beginning!

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕