Chapter 78

Madison groaned lightly as she slowly awakened to the light humming of an air conditioner.

Her eyes fluttered open and she frowned, looking around the room and the strange bed she was in, which was definitely wasn't hers.

Her mind reeled in shock as she stared blearily around, assimilating her surroundings and quickly she jumped up in fright, sitting upright on the bed. She shut her blinking eyes at the same time, a pain going to her forehead as she felt a sharp sting shooting through her skull.

Her head pounded heavily and unable to bear the pain, Madison let out a whimper first then a scream. Her eyes still shut, she blinked back pained tears as she continue to rub her hand on her forehead.

She had never felt this much pain before and it almost felt like her head would explode soon, with her skull hammering this way.

Trying to be more careful about how she moved around, she took a few moments to calm herself, still caressing her forehead as she tried her possible best to recover and regain herself.

"I think you might need this." A very familiar masculine voice suddenly sounded through the room, making her turn left and right wanting to see who it was.

Swiveling through she turned around coming face to face with none other than Damien. His hands were outstretched toward her and in them were a glass of water and two tablets if she could see clearly, and Madison could already presume that the drugs were some painkillers or aspirin.

"Here, take it. It will help with the headache." He said again, but Madison had already stopped paying attention to him or what he said.

Instead she began by yelling and ignoring his question offhandedly, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Her eyes was already widening in shock as she tried to scramble out of the bed, her heart pounding at the same time, while she wondered why they were in the same room. He was sitting opposite the bed too, and from what she could see it looked like they had slept together and...

'No, no, no!' She muttered internally, her mind racing but just before she had the chance to get up, Damien beat her to it.

He quickly got up from the bed, raising his hand to calm her down, his facial expression still passive and calm too.

"Now... there's no need for you to get up okay. Just stay put. And trust me, you wouldn't even want to get up right now. Seeing as you're half naked and..."  He said it in a way that made Madison blush furiously, and without wasting any time she looked down at herself.

Letting out a loud yelp, she dragged the duvet higher up to her neck and looked back up to glare at him, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment and her eyelashes fluttering crazily.

"W-what the hell?" She stammered, "What... w-what did you do to me? Answer me right now. Why am I hear? What is happening?" She blurted out in a rush, already caught between shock, embarrassment and so much anger flowing through her veins at the same time.

Madison tried to recall exactly what had happened yesterday, and muttering some incorrigible words to herself, she shook her head as bits and pieces of her memories came back.

Once she was sure that she had regained some, her face shot back to him.

"Why did you do that yesterday? At the club. Why did you beat up those men like that?" She asked, staring up at him for an explanation.

For a brief second, she saw a glimpse of emotion flash through Damien's face, but it disappeared just as quickly as it came.

He shrugged, "Well, I don't think I ought to tell you this but it's my club. I can do whatever I wish to."