Chapter 90

"What on earth is going on?"

Madison heard her mother say as soon as she picked up her phone and she frowned, confused. She did not understand the urgency in her mother's voice and also, they hadn't spoken in a while so she wasn't exactly sure what she meant.

"What do you mean? Is something wrong? What are you talking about mother?"

"What happened is that I overheard your father and brother talking about Damien!"

Madison was so shocked that she nearly dropped their phone. Mason and her dad talking about Damien? Whatever it was, she knew it couldn't be good.

She dug her fingers into her hair as she let the information sink in, and then she spoke up again, "Did you hear what exactly they were talking about in detail?" She asked, wanting to know exactly what they had discussed.

Her mother answered in the negative much to her disappointment, "I couldn't hear everything they said, but they kept on repeating Damien's name. What is really going on, Madison? I know you are hiding something from me, and I'm sure it has something to do with that boy right?"

Madison clenched her fingers nervously, as she though of what to tell her mother. This was not a conversation she wished to have, especially not right now.

"N-no... there's no problem mother. I think you misheard or..." She paused stammering, hoping her mother would buy it and drop the topic.

"Don't give me that, Madison. Don't even think about lying to me right now. I am tired of being left in the dark, so can you please be honest with me. I know there's something you're not telling me."

Madison rubbed her head, exhausted. She wanted to protest, and tell her mother that she didn't wish to discuss anything right now but her mother kept pushing and pushing, till Madison couldn't take in anymore.

"Is something going on between you and Damien?" She finally asked and Madison froze in shock.

At first she was lost on what to say, but then anger set in, "You know what, I don't want to talk about him, okay!"

As she said those words, it made her remember everything that went on last night, and the  more she thought of it, the weaker she became.

Why? Why did he have to come back after so long? Why couldn't he just remain a thing of the past? He had just appeared and shook her world, turning it upside down completely, even when she had just been managing. Why? Tears pooled in her eyes as she remembered everything, and then she began to sob loudly.

Shocked, her mother began to calm her down.

"Dear? Oh my goodness Madison... It's okay. Just calm down, alright? If you don't feel like talking about it, it's fine. Just calm down."

Madison tried, but the lump in her throat refused to go away, and she kept on crying even when her mother continued to coo her, asking her to calm down.

She continued to sob helplessly, taking a few minutes to compose herself, and finally when she found her voice she sighed and then spoke into the receiver, "I think why father and Mason were talking about him is because... I... Damien... He's in London." She finally said, stuttering incessantly.

"Wait, what?" Her mother sounded shocked, "When did he come? And what does his coming even have to do with anything? I mean I still don't understand."

Trying not to break down again, Madison proceeded to tell her mother everything that had happened, at least the ones she knew of.

Her mother sounded shocked when she informed her that Damien and Mason had met, and apparently Mason had told him a few things. She also told her about last night; Damien's visit, their conversation, and the fact that he had asked for her forgiveness.