Chapter 49

Damien's hands on the steering wheel tightened as he stepped harder on the gas. He was driving to Katherine's house already and he was still quite furious.

What right did she think she had that she would dare divert his letters? He was so pissed off that he forgot about the fact that he had been working for almost twelve hours, straight and he had been tired.

He forgot about the fact that ten minutes ago he was fatigued and hungry due to the lack of sleep and what he needed at the moment was a good rest, but this revelation had made him forget about all of that.

As he made a turn in the road his mind went back to Alvarez's words. If Alvarez had not made that joke he would never have guessed, and it all made so much sense.

Damien hissed, anger rushing through him. All this time, Madison had been angry with him for something he had no idea about, and he thought her reaction had been unprovoked. For her to reach out to him... it had to mean something.

Finally he reached Katherine's house.

As he turned off the ignition and stepped out of the car, he only become more angry. The servants did not question him as he walked past them and through the hallway to her room.

"Katherine!" He yelled, checking all the rooms as he passed, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Katherine...?" He tried again. As he walked up the staircase, she emerged from her bedroom in a pink robe which she clutched tightly around herself.

"Babe?" She looked confused when she saw him, "What are you doing here? You didn't even tell me you were coming," She laughed, skipping to where he stood, her arms wide to engulf him in a hug, and to her surprise, he stopped her before she could get any closer.

His jaw set in anger, he cornered her into a wall.

"How dare you?" He asked, his voice dangerously low. "What made you even think you had the right to put your hands on my personal stuff?"

Katherine frowned, her hand coming up to rest on her chest rubbing it gently, "Damien...w-what are you talking about? You're speaking in ridd—"

"Don't you dare!" He snapped, cutting her off, "Don't you try to act dumb right now because it's really going to piss me off. You have been intercepting my letters. Letters from London... letters from Madison. And you've been doing it deliberately. So, answer me! What and who gave you the right to mess with my things?"

Katherine folded her arms over her chest in denial, "You're clearly having a bad day, babe. Let's go upstairs and..."

Damien glared at her, his temple throbbing in anger. "If I have to say it one more time, you'd wish I kept my mouth shut. Where are the damn letters? I've been charged for home post bills so don't even think of lying to me."

Katherine took in sharp breaths as she stared at him, then she rested against the rails of the staircase her face suddenly calm, "Look, I'm not even sure why you're pointing fingers at me on this. I didn't do anything wrong. The postman delivered some mail, yes. I asked what it contained because I knew you were really busy that week, but he said he had no idea. it was also labeled as spam letters, so I thought it was all those lottery or disabled children fund mails. So I didn't even bother you know since it was nothing business related. I didn't think it was important. That's why I didn't tell you about it."

Damien stared at her in rage, "Stop fucking lying to me!"

It was obvious that she was lying, and he could see it even though she tried to be calm about it all.

Everything was against her. Madison couldn't have lied about sending letters and Damien could feel it in his gut that the only reason why Katherine was this confident about lying was because she knew he had no proof whatsoever.