Chapter 2

"Do I look pretty enough Damien?" Katherine asked, and giving her a warm smile he nodded genuinely.

Appraising her, and looking up and down at the pretty evening exquisite dress that he had personally selected for her, Damien couldn't deny the fact that his partner and date tonight for the event looked so gorgeous.

A blonde haired beauty, Katherine had caught Damien's eyes the first time they had met at a social gathering where she had accompanied her father, and from there on their relationship had blossomed.

Her enchanting blue eyes had drawn him towards her.

No not him, but his dick rather and all through the night they had exchanged flirty winks, his sexual innuendo egging him on as he wanted to have those beautiful eyes of hers looking at him, while he fucked her deep and hard.

At first, it had started with a fling, as Damien had used his effective playboy talks on her, wanting to woo her and have her spend the night with him, and luckily his antics had worked quickly.

That same night, taking some permission from her ever willing father who was one of his business partners, they had first disguised talking about business but later on when they were really alone he had scored a date with her for the night, and after the event he had driven her to one of the classic hotels he owned and he had fucked her deep and hard for hours.

Till this day, he knew she was amazed at his sexual prowess, and her feistiness was what had kept them glued till this day.

After that one night stand, they had continued to meet, and he started taking her out on dates, spoiling her with gifts , taking her on vacations and making his intentions clear that he wanted to date her however short their relationship might be.

Soon the media got wind of it, and at a public business event much to the agreement of her father, they had both made their relationship official amidst cheers, and that media going gaga.

She was his first public girlfriend in years, and widely known for his playboy ways the media had been more than surprised and some weeks even after their announcement Damien kept on making headlines.

Now, they were not really stable, but she was rather possessive of him and she was the forte keeping their relationship afloat.

Her father wanted them to get married, saying it would seal so many...

"Damien darling..." She drawled seductively, interrupting his thoughts, placing her well manicured hands on his shoulders, and he used his bare tattooed hands to retain her composure, placing them gently on her waist.

"Yes Kathie..." He replied curtly looking up at her, and he could see her irises darkening.

"No, no..." He shook his head furiously knowing what she wanted.

"But we still have up to thirty minutes before we leave for the event." She pouted, her red lips in full display, and despite having an effect on him Damien controlled himself.

"You're already dressed up, and the make-up artist just finished doing justice to your gorgeous face. If I take a hold of you now, you and I know that you would be roughened up beyond repair, and you wouldn't want to go through the stress of dressing up again would you?" He asked, and gently disentangling her arms from his shoulders, standing up he added, "I'm not even dressed yet."

"I can dress myself up, and..."

She stopped, as someone knocked on the door of the hotel suite they were staying at.

"Come in." Damien said, and in walked Alvarez, his bodyguard, right hand man and best friend too.

Alvarez was Damien's childhood friend, and while Damien had struggled in college, wanting to get a good business degree and understand the fundamentals of finance, Alvarez who was not really interested in education had worked menial jobs, and security positions for restaurants and clubs using the money gotten to take care of them.

His husky build, and his fierce look had helped in securing the jobs, and when Damien had established his reputation he had appointed Alvarez as his head of security, placing so much trust on his best friend and the only brother he had ever had.

Despite how serious Alvarez looked, he was a man of so much love and an affection, and to think he was already married, and had a family he loved dearly was enough to make Damien happy for him.

He was happy that they were both doing well, just like they had planned when they were little.

"The limo is ready Damien, and the guards are in place. We're good to go, but you aren't good to go." Alvarez added sarcastically and his eyes flickering to Katherine, he gave her a short wave, which she reciprocated reluctantly.

They never got along, the duo and Alvarez had told him one time that he was just tolerating her.

Sometimes Damien thought that Alvarez hated her, because she was not the person he wanted for him, but he had moved on from his past, and that Alvarez needed to know.

Back then, they had been friends, Alvarez and Madison...

Just the mere thought of her name, was enough to bring a sour look on his face, and he shook his head rigorously discarding every thought.

"I'll get dressed soon, and we'll be downstairs." Damien said, and bowing a hearty smile on his face, Alvarez left the bedroom.

"So nothing?" Katherine pouted, but Damien was far of in the bathroom, choosing not to answer her at all.

He heard her grumbling, and pacing restlessly around the room, something she always did when she was angry, or frustrated but he was already engrossed in his duties.

There was nothing he could do again.

.......

Madison looked at herself in the bathroom mirror, of the suite she was at.

The exquisite interior of the bathroom, rivalled any she'd ever seen, and if she had just been here on a normal visit Madison knew she would have taken her time to study the gold plated and flowered marble designs, but no... she was here because she wanted to instill, some sort of confidence in herself.

She needed to focus on the job at hand, and that was that!

She had arrived earlier at the hotel given to her, and following the instructions of the manager all the ushers, waitress and waiters of the day's event, had all jumbled together in a room, as they all dressed and prepared for the upcoming occasion.

They had already been addressed, and given instructions on what to do and how to do it, the only thing remaining was for them all to file out, and begin to do their work.

The event was already underway, downstairs in the hotel's large banquet hall, and Madison knew that soon her job would start.

This was not the first time, she was handling a waitress gig abroad, but she couldn't explain the feeling she was having now.

She was so nervous, palms sweaty, and her confidence was detoriating rapidly, due to reasons unbeknownst to her.

She had come into the bathroom, to have some form of privacy, away from the bustles of activities going on in the suite, and also wanting to regain her composure and confidence.

Rubbing her sweaty palms together, she breathed in and out heavily and said slowly, "It's just an event, serving pompous assholes and rich socialites. Madison you can do this!"

She looked herself in the mirror, arranging her hair well, dusting of her uniform and slapping on a confident smile and look, she repeated her mantra again, this time adding some more words, "It's just an event, serving pompous assholes and rich socialites. Madison you can do this! Soon, you'll be done and off to London. Back to your lowly and cool life."

Yes! She could do this, she thought to herself as the door to the toilet opened, and someone called her name from outside.

Yes, she could do this! The words echoing in her head as she walked outside, to receive the final briefing before embarking downstairs to the event.

Yes, she could definitely do this!

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕