Chapter 101

Damien watched as Mrs Connor, Mason, and Madison's best friend Gina walked through the door of his suite.

Taking some steps towards them, a small smile on his face, he soon got to where Mason was standing specifically and stretched out his hands for a shake.

The second Mason's hand intertwined with his, Damien dragged his gaze down to where their palms were interwoven and his smile widened.

For reasons unbeknownst to him, he was filled with some kind of peace and relief once more, and allowing the tides of hate fall apart, he looked back up slowly, his lips quivering.

He wanted to say something. Well, he wanted to say so many things, but well they'd talked at length yesterday and as he recalled all they'd spoken about, Damien still thought it was a dream.

His mind going back to the phone call conversation with Mason Connor, he remembered every single thing his former enemy had said to him, and now he could only stand in awe.

Mason Connor, had freaking asked for his forgiveness. Not just Mason Connor, but his father and brother too and they'd all spoken to each other.

At first, he had thought it was some kind of a trick, as they were probably trying to lead him on and then taunt him, but after all they'd said, Damien was more than convinced that the Connor's had finally decided to put their grudges aside all because of Madison.

Even though he was more than curious to know what must have happened, at the same time he knew it was not in his place to ask.

The only thing they'd asked from him was his forgiveness and it'd been so easy, to give out.

Prior to the phone call, he'd promised Madison that he would drop the revenge plan against her family, and move on with his life and now... Just like he had predicted, he had already dropped the revenge plan and was now focusing on being a better man.

'A better man, without a woman by your side.' Damien's subconscious reminded him, and a small hiss escaped his lips as he shook his head slowly.

"Brother..." Mason began, much to Damien's amusement and this time he began to chuckle.

The atmosphere surprisingly wasn't tense like he'd expected it to be, and this was a very good sign that things would go well today.

Even though they still had no lead as to where Madison was, with the help of her brother now, they could get some little information and honestly Damien knew he could make do with the additional support.

"Brother..." He cleared his throat after a while and then said, "It feels so strange calling you that you know. One second we could barely tolerate and stand in each other's presence and now..."

"Now, I feel like hugging you. More like going on my knees and begging you for forgiveness. Truly I don't know if this would have happened if this incident hadn't taken place but then... Oh well... I feel kind of calm and I like it. It might take us some time to warm up to each other, but as far as we can shake hands and tolerate each other then we're good to go."

Damien felt nostalgic all of a sudden, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks but he held himself back.

Why the hell was he even crying? This wasn't some kind of fancy reunion party or something.

This was just a reconciliation. Enemies to friend reconciliation and that was that.

"Welcome once again. I hope we can be able to join heads together and get this issue solved once and for all."

"I also hope too." Mason said curtly, and shaking his hands briefly, Damien took a step back away from him intent on walking over to where Mrs Connor and Gina were standing.