Chapter 17

Madison smoothed down the front of the brightly-colored uniform she was currently putting on, trying to make it look as presentable as possible.

This was the waitress uniform she had gotten, when she had been hired to work in this bar or was it club rather, and all her colleagues also were required to wear it too.

Her palms clammy as she rubbed them over the dress, Madison let out a hiss at how the cloth looked tonight. It was rumpled after she had washed it earlier, and since there was no electricity, neither did she have a pressing iron she could use, she had left it there to dry and stretch like that.

There was the alternative of taking the clothes to the dry cleaners, but well she couldn't exactly afford, and weighing her options she had decided to just wash and leave it.

Sighing for the umpteenth time again, she flipped out the dress again, smoothing it down with her to take out all the creases, but all her attempts was proving futile.

Frustrated already and sighing yet again, she grabbed her purse and raced out of the motel, in order not to be late. If she stayed any longer, or a minute more she would definitely get to her workplace at the worst time, and this was something she didn't need, especially now that things were going good for her.

She couldn't afford to make any silly mistakes that could cost the job, and so she was trying her possible best to get there on time.

Her hair roughened and cascading a little bit wetly down her back, she smoothed out the tangled strands as fast as she could, sitting upright in the taxi that was taking her to the club, and arranging herself properly.

This style would have to do, she decided within herself successfully packing the large hair bundle into a bun, and laying back in the car seat, enjoying the breeze and the cool evening that whooshed past.

Soon, the taxi got to the club, and taking out some cash and paying the taxi driver, Madison quickly climbed of the taxi, ready to face the day.

Seeing that it was already ten minutes to her shift, she raced into the the bar before anyone could notice her absence.

As soon as she came in, she sighted one of the other waitresses, and a smile flickered on her lips when she heard a girl whose name she had forgotten, greet as she approached, "Welcome. You came right on time."

From the look of things, her shift was over as she had torn her apron away, turning to face Madison yet again, she blabbered, "You should get to work immediately though. There are a lot of people here tonight, and we are two people short tonight."

Madison quickly nodded, and after talking for a few minutes, as the girl showed her around, she started to work continuing right from where the previous waitress had stopped.

As she served drinks round with a smile plastered on her face as required, she would occasionally straighten the hem of her dress, still feeling a little bit uncomfortable even though she tried her best not to show it. She couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious about her rumpled dress, and she kept on wondering if the creases were noticeable under the flashing club lights.

After she had served her first two rounds of drinks, she went round, packing up empty trays and glasses sprawled on the tables, and taking them up to the back of the bar where the kitchen was located.

Having done that, she re-emerged, and continued her routine seeming drinks, with a smile plastered on her face.

She made sure to serve well, not wanting to get in trouble with anyone, and also because she wanted to make a very good impression.

Who knows, the club manager might decide to keep her after the one month had elapsed, if she did pretty well not that she intended on taking the offer since she had to leave for London though, but she could only imagine...