Chapter 62

KATHERINE

Katherine was feeling pretty confident after the bakery incident with Madison.

She was glad with how everything seemed to have gone, and even though she was already planning her next move, for now she decided to lay low and not do anything else so soon.

All she had to do for now actually was observe.

It was necessary for the threats to sink in. So she just stayed in her hotel, checking his things would play out.

Today though, she was busy scrolling through her phone, when she remembered that she needed more information on Damien's whereabouts – She had to know if he was still in New York and what plans he had, or if he was not. Better still the only person she could call, and who could answer this questions was his secretary. She also decided to ask why he had canceled his flight, and she was going to ask a whole lot.

Katherine was past caring if the secretary would suspect anything, as she just needed to have the necessary information now.

Picking up her phone, she dialed the secretary's number and luckily, she picked up quickly this time.

After Katherine had faked her cheery pleasantries, she slowly began to seep out information about Damien. She questioned the young lady about the flight and subtly asked about the canceled one. She listened carefully when the secretary began to reply, not wanting to miss anything she was saying.

"So he's still in New York, then? Is that what you are saying?" Katherine asked when the secretary repeated the story about the canceled flight. She was feeling hopeful as a smile began to form on her face again.

"No, no. He is not here actually. He already left for London. There was a problem with the airport so he had to arrange his private jet, I'm sorry I didn't say this earlier. He waited for a week, so the jet could be serviced."

Katherine felt her blood run cold, and she asked slowly trying her possible best not to yell, "His private jet?"

"Yes ma'am."

"You mean he used his private jet to come see that...Fuck!" She cursed muttering some apologies as she continued, "Sorry about what I was saying earlier. A-and what about the company?"

She was trying to comprehend what she'd just heard, and she couldn't believe that Damien had left his business and most important affairs just to come to London.

He had freaking come to this city. He was here, literally and figuratively! Oh shit!

The secretary laughed a little, "You don't need to worry so much, ma'am. He handed it over to one of the managers, and he's very capable of taking everything till Mr Daniels gets back to New York. He will be back soon Ma'am and you will be reunited with him. If that's what you're worried about."

If she heard what the lady had said, Katherine made no mention. All she was worried about, were a whole lot more.

Fuck it! So Damien was in London? When? Most especially where was he?

She was beyond stunned. How was Damien in London and she didn't know about it? Her chest had already begun to heave in anger, as the secretary's words continued to replay in her head.

After the secretary had told her the other day that Damien had canceled his flight, she had really been hoping that he had changed his mind about coming here, so she could carry out her plan into making Madison a forgotten specie, amongst other things but now he was here.

She had been making her own plans, and he had other ones the whole time.

He had even used his private jet?! What the actual fuck? Katherine simply couldn't believe it. Damien only used his private jet on special occasions, and he actually didn't like using it unless it was an emergency.