Chapter 47 : Meritrocracy

Season 2  :  Chapter 14

After his conversation with Horikita and co. Kiyotaka was on his way towards a room that he would have to visit quite frequently in the coming future.

That is the Student Council Room.

He already made an appointment with the Elder Horikita that morning, who notified him that he can make some time after school ends.

Kiyotaka politely knocked on the door, which was soon opened by Tachibana Akane, the secretary of the Student Council.

"What do you want, guy who revolves around Suzune-chan?"

"How rude of you to speak to your future colleague like that. You wound my heart, Tachibana-Senpai."

"Whaa- future colleague?"

Her eyes immediately widened in confusion as Manabu Horikita took off his earphones before directing his gaze towards the door.

"Who is it, Tachibana?"

The purple haired secretary looked back and answered with a small hint of annoyance behind her words.

"The brown haired brat who always follows Suzune-chan is saying that he is our future colleague. What a rude student, can't even respect the dignity of the prestigious Student Council of such a dignified institution. "

"Did you really say all those things naturally, or was it something you wrote beforehand? You seemed to say all that way too quickly. Scary."

"Huh?!"

Manabu Horikita chuckled slightly as he recognized the monotone voice of the protagonist of the story.

"He is not lying Tachibana. Bring him inside, I asked for his presence."

She immediately looked back at him with shock.

"Are you serious?"

This time however, the lighter atmosphere around Horikita Manabu shifted to that of a cold and serious one as he looked at her coldly.

"Are you trying to imply that I'm lying?"

"N-no of course not."

"Then please bring him here."

"R-right Horikita-kun. I apologise. "

She gave him a small bow to which Manabu's eyes softened before he gave her a nod.

"It's alright. Mistakes happen. "

"Yo President. "

Before Tachibana could bring him, Ayanokouji however walked inside the room with a lazy expression on his face as he greeted the Student Council President with a small wave, immediately intensifying Tachibana's frustration,  however she remained quiet to herself since Ayanokouji was Manabu's guest.

"You are 2 minutes and 27 seconds late from our scheduled time, Ayanokouji. Didn't take you as a tardy person."

"Well sorry for helping your awkward sister in making friends and trying to develop her further. Basically doing the job that you, her brother, should do."

Tachibana immediately gasped in shock at the rude way this first year boy of Class-D was addressing the Student Council President.

However what was even more shocking to her was that Manabu, instead of getting angry, just let out a small smirk, as if he was  enjoying the situation.

"Have my gratitude for looking after my sister then. Should I give you some points as a monthly fee for babysitting her?"

"How sly of you to dump the whole responsibility on me, Horikita-Senpai. I'm not taking you up on your offer. Your sister, your responsibility. "