«1»

Davina's Pov

Sometimes I find myself in deep thought about what I'd feel like now, if I would've shown my face at my family's funeral then. I ignored it, all of it. I completely shut it all out, I couldn't do it. I couldn't face all of those people that knew me as 'Colton and Evelynn Falix's poor, older daughter', absolutely not. They just know my name, and they barely know that much.

My younger sister, Delilah, had all of the attention. My mother always said I was jealous of it..but really, I was thankful to be left alone all the time. My parents were business owners, and that business seemed to be huge. I'm not sure what this business was, but I want absolutely nothing to do with it. Especially, now that the whole country is waiting for me to come out of my hiding hole and say something.

I feel like lately, I've been a little cold to everyone, not that I talk to many people in the first place, but I've grown to be mean and lonely. My mother made it easy to be shut off, to crave peace. I wouldn't have made it in this house if I wasn't constantly to myself. Evelynn, my mom, told me since day one that, 'I'm not pretty enough to be hers.' And 'You're ungrateful, because I could've just left you to die. But I didn't.'  So yea, I like my peace. I like my own cruel company. I love being able to do things on my own at all times, simply with the company of no one but music. Now, I'm really only upset that my dad is dead. It took me five minutes to get over my mother and sister. They treated me as if I was already dead, so fuck them.

Now, I'm all alone, and it's really depressing. It's nice to be alone, that is until you've got no choice but to be alone. I liked to be left alone before, I loved it. My whole life, I've been alone. My dad and old friend being the only company I wanted. Abel too, I loved her company, she was like the mother I never had. I remember the days I lost everyone, very vividly, unfortunately. I hate that it's all been implanted in my brain the way it is, but I can't say I didn't see it all coming. The way I was with my best friend before. I relied on him for any ounce of happiness in my life, and it scared him away. Abel got busy there toward the end, always was in and out of my life. My parents' business was running rough there toward the end.. and if I didn't know it was an accident, I'd say someone murdered them. Business was dirty for my dad, because of my mother.

The whole reason this all happened is because Delilah was being an ungrateful little 15 year old. She insisted my dad take her and my mother to dinner. She said it would be like a family date, but leaving out the daughter that made us all a family to begin with. My dad, being the nice person he was, agreed to take us ALL to dinner. My mother said she wanted to go an hour away for dinner, to her 'favorite place', simply because she was tired of Abel's cooking. Abel was our everything.. at least for me she was. My bonus mom and therapist in one. My mother's 'bitch' as she'd call her.

Anyway, my dad told me to get ready to go, being my best friend, he always wanted me to be around. Delilah and my mother said I wasn't a part of the family, so I didn't deserve to go. I was going to say no anyway, but it hurt hearing it. It always has, but I keep it to myself. Always. They both hated me, and I just had to learn to live with it.

They left, my dad said he loved me and called me his Faye baby one last time. My mother shoved me one last time, and Delilah hit me one last time. I told them I hated them while my dad hugged me, and I fucking meant it. I hate the two of them with everything I have. As they were on the road, a car swerved into their lane, and it ended with my family dead. My dad was dead at the scene, my mother and Delilah were dead an hour later, at a hospital apparently. I laughed at that in the purest anger I could manage. It wouldn't be them if they didn't wait to die in luxury, compared to my dad at least. Who was left alone. To fucking rot.

I got the call about an hour after they left the house. I stayed home and told the officer to leave my dad's ring and chain in my mailbox.  Though, I made it very apparent that I didn't want his wedding ring, that's the one I got. That was the last time anyone heard from me or spoke to me. In my hometown anyway. Now, here I am three weeks later, on a plane that just landed in a small town in Michigan. I'm meeting my best friend, Willow, here at the airport. She's been my online best friend for a little under 4 years. My birthday will mark 4 years exactly.

Once I grab all of my luggage and other belongings, I go to the front of the airport and sit my depressed ass down on a bench. I sit there for what feels like forever, watching people come and go. Then I see her. She looks like a model, being quite literally the prettiest person I've ever seen. She's got gorgeous dark hair that rests in braids, falling down to her waist. She's got perfect, carmel colored skin, and beautiful hazel eyes. I don't see a single flaw on her. She's fucking perfect.

I quickly get up and wave until she sees me, and when our eyes meet, she shows off her big smile and runs my way. That's when I finally feel at peace. She hugs me tightly and asks how I'm doing. I hold back my tears and say something along the lines of, "I'm better now." We hug for what feels like forever before letting go. She looks at me with worried eyes, and it confuses me until I feel a tear sliding down my cheek. "Don't cry, D. I'm here now." She pulls me in, one arm draped over my shoulders as we take my things to her car.

Willow Maddox, my best friend, my only friend at that. The day I told her was coming to live in Michigan, just so happened to be the same day I told her about the death of my family. I kept it to myself for about a week, but eventually, I figured it's best someone knows. She was the only someone I thought of. I wish I could've met her in person under better circumstances, but she understood and even offered me help. She helped me a lot in the two weeks that she knew about it. More than anyone else could've ever done. She helped me get an apartment close to the beach and FaceTimed me until I fell asleep every night. Her and her boyfriend, Xander, made silly little videos and sent them to me everyday. Making my life a little easier to go through. I'm so grateful for them, my new family. My only family.

🖤Okay, that's chapter 1 !!!❤️This isn't gonna be the fun stuff until around chapter 3, that's when all the rough stuff starts coming into play

🖤
Okay, that's chapter 1 !!!
❤️
This isn't gonna be the fun stuff until around chapter 3, that's when all the rough stuff starts coming into play.
🖤
THANKYOU for being patient with me recently, I've been doing a lot these days.
❤️
ENJOYYYYY<3
🖤

©️All rights reserved, no plagiarizing anything from this book nor taking credit for anything in this book.