«26»

Davina's pov
                   November 30, 9:00am

"D, you're gonna be late for the meeting." I finish the eyeliner I can't leave the house without. I turn around to look at Kayson, flawless as ever. "I'm their future boss. I'll get there when I get there." His eyes darken and a smile reaches his lips. Lust fills his eyes as he watches me pull the fishnets up my thighs, pulling on my black leather skirt right after. "Yes ma'am. I'll just enjoy the view." A giddy smile plasters on my face as he looks at me like I'm his favorite food in a restaurant. "God. Stop looking at me like that if you want to leave at all." The leather jacket I always wear is the next thing I put on after my red corset top is on, my black knee high boots right after. "Ready." I pull the keys off the rack, excited to drive my uncles sports car, and getting to leave this house. Kayson's eyes haven't left me since I said what I said about being boss, it's like he didn't expect it from my smart ass mouth or something.

We walk out of the front door together before I start the car with the key in my hand, getting all giddy when it fires up. "This car is so sexy, my god." Kayson looks over at me with a smirk, acting as if his words makes him a genius. "Want me to get you one?" My eyes roll back before I laugh out loud, not believing a damn word he says. "I'll get myself one, one day. I'm a big girl, ya know?" His eyebrows raise in surprise before he knocks me off my big girl high. "What kind of 'big girl' keys a girl's car for giving her a dirty look?" I get in the car and put the keys in the ignition so I don't lose them and immediately look up at Kayson whose still waiting for a response. "The psychotic kind, love." And then I head to the meeting that I'm late for.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
Kayson shows his face to the receptionist and she's quick to sign us in and send us up. "What'd you do to make her that scared?" My words come out almost annoyed as if he's my son that I'm picking up because he punched somebody at school. "I didn't do it." We walk into the meeting, everyone in the middle of their own conversations. I then take a seat at the end of the table and take the folder from Kayson's hands. My uncle sits in the corner of the room and looks at me with a proud look in his eyes, making me smile a bright smile in his direction. Kayson walks over to him and supervises as I get the meeting started, catching up on all of the topics that were talked over in the last few meetings. This the last meeting we have to do before we go home, I feel bad that Kayson had to do every other meeting.

I start to get frustrated with the reading and eventually just stop and take a second to breathe. "What? You already confused? Maybe you should've shown up to the other meetings." As my head is down, I snap my eyes up in the girl's direction, immediately wanting to commit a homicide to another blonde bitch. A smile reaches my lips slowly as my eyes close again, still taking breaths deeper than normal. Once I feel calm enough, I lean back in my chair and look at her with a psycho smile. "What's your position here, blondie?" I say in a sweet, sarcastic, tone. My smile stays on my face, because if it doesn't, I may lose it. She whips her long hair behind her and responds in a prissy way. "An assassin, girly. Catch up."

I keep myself calm by looking in Kayson's direction, happy to see a proud smile plastered across his face while watching this. I bring my eyes back to the girl with rocks for brains. "Well, babes. I'm Davina Falix. Your new nightmare." I spit out like venom, making her eyes go wide at the last name. Yeah, blondie. Try me. "So please, catch up." Her eyes stay wide but she still tries to pester. "I'm not scared of a name, especially one from a short ass red head like you." She opens up her mouth and it sends me to the end of my patience. I stand up and lean over table we're all at, sending daggers with my eyes. "Listen here, barbie. You will be the first mother fucker on my hit list when I take charge. Gain some goddamn respect for my father's last name, business, and daughter, or I'll show you why you should be afraid of this last goddamn name. Hear me?" I pull my gun out of my skirt and lay it out on the table.